Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

mtc2009

Hello,

I saw in your post that you went to Paris, Rome, and Florence. Can you tell me please for how long did you go and how did you get around? We are planning our first trip and i really want to go to those places. Do you have advice? What was your itinerary? Any websites that you used? 

Thanx

Rita

Re: mtc2009

• Hi!  We had round trip airfare in/out of Paris, so we knew we had to plan the trip starting there, and ending up there.  So, we spent 3 days in Paris, flew to Rome (via Easy Jet- so easy!) and spent 3 days there.  Then, took the train to Florence- spent 2 days there, and took the overnight train (definitely an interesting experience, not sure we'd do it again) back to Paris, where we spent 2 more days before flying home.

We used trip advisor for a lot of the planning- this is where we found the hotels and picked a lot of the sightseeing and activities we did.  We also referred to Rick Steve's books for a lot of the planning.

For hotels, in Paris we stayed in Hotel De la Sorbonne- excellent location, clean, updated hotel.  A little pricier than other options, but we waited a little too long to book the hotel so other lower priced options with great reviews were booked.  In Rome, we stayed in Hotel Montecitorio.  I would not reccomend this hotel. It was a great location and inexpensive.  But the bed was hard, the shower was broken, and while it was clean, we just weren't comfortable there. Florence was our favorite hotel- Hotel Davanzati.  It was great, the room was nice, location was really good, and the owners/mgmt were awesome!

Basically, our favorite city was Florence, and probably would have spent one more day there to do a wine tour of tuscany if we could plan it all over and then maybe one less day in Paris.  Other highlights of the trip were our cooking class in Rome, the tour of the Champagne Region of France (day trip from Paris) and our evening boat tour on the Siene River in Paris.

If you want more details/tips feel free to email me at 2009mtc at gmail and I can answer any specific q's you have and I can give you the exact links of the tour, hotels and cooking class mentioned above.  I also have a spreadsheet/itinerary of the sightseeing we planned for the trip. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers