D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Is there a store like the (now closed) Home Expo?

I hadn't been to the Home Expo in Fairfax in years, and was thinking of going today - but I see on line it's closed.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1) a ceiling fan/light

2) an area rug

3) a curtain rod

I looked at a regular Home Depot, but of course there are not a lot of choices for these things.  I was thinking a department store like Penney's or Macy's for the rug and curtain rod, but they won't have a ceiling fan/light, right?

I'm uncomfortably pregnant and don't feel like doing a lot of shopping around.

These things are all for the nursery, but we don't plan to have any of them look "kid"ish, just regular.

Any ideas for me today or tomorrow - places to go that are near to each other?  I'm in Springfield.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.

Re: Is there a store like the (now closed) Home Expo?

• Is there a Great Indoors near you? It's similar to Home Expo. If not, you could try Lowe's. I think their selection is better than HD.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I second Great Indoors.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks guys!  We ended up at the Lowes near Potomac Mills (the one closer to me is a little run down) and got the fan/light and the curtain rod.  No luck on the rug.  Will have to check out Great Indoors sometime!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Check out Home Goods for the rug - the rugs at the Great Indoors are much more expensive.  Good luck!