Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Standard Tap?s {{{Pumpkin Head}}} Review

Two very big thumbs up! YesYes

It was my first time at Standard Tap. I don?t head over to Northern Liberties often but for an event like this, I couldn?t say no. This is their second year holding this event and they say they are going to continue to have it every year. Last year, they only had 50 pumpkin ?mugs?, this year they had 100. Things kicked off at 4:00 but the last pumpkin wasn?t sold until around 7:30ish. In case you missed the previous post, $15 for a pumpkin mug with unlimited refills of the eight pumpkin beers they had on tap.

The line-up consisted of: Roy Pitz Belgian Pumpkin Ale (Served out of a pumpkin that had been carved to resemble Frankenstein. I should have taken a picture, I?m sorry I have failed you all.) Six Points Pumpkin Ale, Dock Street Pumpkin Ale, Fegley's Brew Works Pumpkin Ale, Rock Art Pumpkin Imperial Spruce Stout (Which was a nice break from all the Ale?s), Manayunk Yunkin? Punkin?, Southampton Pumpkin Ale, and Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale.

After a bit of drinking, it was time to sample some of their food! Everything on the menu looked amazing and everything we ate was delicious. I had the chicken pie (super buttery, flakey, croissant-like crust filled with fresh veggies, big chucks of white meat chicken and perfectly flavored gravy-no salt or pepper needed for this dish!). DH had the kielbasa and kraut and my mouth is literally watering right now as I think back on how yummy it was. Their menu is always changing and they had some really interesting choices on there.

More pumpkin beer was consumed before hailing a cab and heading back home. Oh, but not before I gave my final farewell to my pumpkin by carving a bat in it. Our bartender was super nice and even put a candle in it for me.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Standard Tap?s {{{Pumpkin Head}}} Review

• That sounds amazing... mmmmmmm
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/dctxu1.jpg[/IMG]
  • fun! love the bat pumpkin!
  • LOVE this! Such good options; glad to see that Roy Pitz is expanding, too. I met those guys at Brewer's Plate in 2009, just after they started. Super nice!

They also had 3 of my faves on tap: Weyerbacher (everyone here knows my affinity for this imperial pumpkin), Southampton, and Fegley's (which is the same people that own the Bethlehem/Allentown Brew Works).

I must not miss this event next year.  

• This is amazing - I must do this next year.
  • This sounds awesome!

I had Otter Creek's pumpkin beer last night and I thought that was reallly good! Although the name completely escapes me right now.

My little nuggets

• Ahhhhhh so jealous that I couldn't go!  Awesome review!  Sunday is dedicated to drinking my pumpkin beers while giving out candy.

P.S. Had Weyerbacher's Harvest Ale tonight and I was impresed.