Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Do you believe in ghosts? (like, for real)

I know the timing is convenient with Halloween and all.. but I had the worst experience ever last night and have no idea how to explain it.  

I was sleeping and I felt something on my shoulder - I looked up and it was my grandmother saying "I just wanted to tell you I love you before I leave" .. I said 'I love you too' and started to shut my eyes.  Then reality hit and I said "wtf, my grandmothers dead, I guess I'm dreaming" and opened my eyes again and seriously saw a shadow of her head and shoulder walking out my bedroom door AND the bedroom door was open, and we always sleep with it shut because we run the AC and want to keep it in the room.  I called my mom freaking out at 4am asking if everything was okay in the house, because it just freaked me out majorly.. My heart was pounding.  

Today actually would have been my grandmothers birthday, so I am trying to justify all of this by saying it was all a dream and she was on my mind subliminally because of it being her birthday today.  However, at the time it felt more than real, and still sort of does.

Weird dream, or something else?

edit: possible way to explain door being open - our cat is practically human and occasionally if he tries hard enough can open door handles.  he's done it once or twice before, but we normally hear a lot of noise as he makes 1000 jump attempts to get it open.   

Re: Do you believe in ghosts? (like, for real)

• i am a rational person. i never saw anything so i can't say i believe in ghosts. however i don't doubt other rational people.
  • Would it not have been weird for your grandmother to be in your bedroom in the middle of the night if she was still alive?  I say dream...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • She did live with us when I was a kid - so her saying goodbye in the morning would not have been out of the realm of normal circa 1995.

*Although if she is a ghost hanging out in our bedroom, I feel the need to be hiding the condoms and other misc items*      Bah.

• I do to an extent. I believe in sprits of close relatives being around us.

Example 1: In one spot in my kitchen I can smell my grandfathers cologne. Its where he normally stood when he visited, a nice little area that he could still over view all the goings on, but be out of the way too. I didnt notice it until about 6 months after he was killed in a house fire. I searched the entire kitchen looking for the source and never found it. It would come and go and I was the only one that could smell it.

Example 2: About a year after my dad died I was home alone getting ready to go out. I was in the bathroom after my shower and I heard someone in my parents bathroom (the walls back up to each other) opening and closing the cabinets flushing the toilet. Then I heard someone walk down the hallway into the kitchen and open and close the silverware drawer and open and close the fridge. I figured someone had come home. I went out there and there was nothing. The house was still locked up and the alarm was on. I immediatly was freaked out. Not scared, but freaked out. It wasnt until several months later that I realized the sounds were my dads daily morning route before work. Bathroom, shower, make tea and lunch.

• there is no science or logic that says ghosts exist.

when cells die, they die. there is no evidence to suggest that anything else is going on when cells die. and we are all just clusters of cells.  

the brain is a wonderful organ that is capable of making us feel a million different ways. it can alter what we think of as 'normal' perceptions of things. 

enjoy the memory of your grandmother and the closeness you found.

• I had experience with a ghost when I was a kid.  I usually don't tell the story because people think I'm nuts or making it up.  I do believe that people's energy lingers.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image stilldreaming:

there is no science or logic that says ghosts exist.

when cells die, they die. there is no evidence to suggest that anything else is going on when cells die. and we are all just clusters of cells.  

the brain is a wonderful organ that is capable of making us feel a million different ways. it can alter what we think of as 'normal' perceptions of things. 

enjoy the memory of your grandmother and the closeness you found.

have you read spook? not saying there is logic behind ghost but she tries to prove it with science.  

• i am torn.  i am an evidence kind of a girl but there are a lot of strange happenings.  i have felt a presence but never saw anything and it reminded me specifically of certain people in my life when i felt it.  it was usually around times when i needed them so it could totally be mental.

with that said, my bff's house was flipping haunted in hs.  the turning on and off of things that were in different rooms could be old house wiring but the actual moving of furniture when no one else was home freaked me the eff out. 

• image Shannon1110:
    I had experience with a ghost when I was a kid.  I usually don't tell the story because people think I'm nuts or making it up.  I do believe that people's energy lingers.
    I seriously love good ghost stories...especially true ones!
  • image Shannon1110:
    I had experience with a ghost when I was a kid.  I usually don't tell the story because people think I'm nuts or making it up.  I do believe that people's energy lingers.

ditto. I have had really weird experiences since I was a kid and continue to have 'weird' things happen. I also have so odd knowledge of when people die, it really creeps me out.

So yes, I believe in it.

• image Shannon1110:

ditto. I have had really weird experiences since I was a kid and continue to have 'weird' things happen. I also have so odd knowledge of when people die, it really creeps me out.

So yes, I believe in it.