Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

menu help

i had gotten some ideas off of here a while ago when i was thinking of having ariana's christening at home...

we are almost done the remodel so i am sooooo excited!

can i please have some opinions/input on my menu? 

hot roast beef/gravy

kelbasa & kraut (barf)

meatballs and sausage

italian rolls from the bakery and a sandwich tray

then...potato, mac, and pasta salad

just beer and wine

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2iwabh1.jpg[/IMG]

Re: menu help

• and to add to the madness....i will be back to work!  poor planning :(
  • looks good and hearty. what about a healthy option thrown in? some veggies, fruit salad, and water or juice.
  • if you have vegetarians there, they can only eat the side dishes. its too meaty. i'd get rid of one of the meats and do baked ziti or some other pasts dish.

My little nuggets

• i think the dego in me always needs a pasta especially if you already have meatballs and sausage :)  maybe like a baked ziti.

and how about dessert? fruit tray with dip, some cookies and maybe pie since its the season

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • I agree with PPs.  It's a little heavy on the meat.  I would drop one and add maybe a ziti tray like Kernal said and a green salad?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would drop the kelbasa & kraut and replace it with Baked Ziti or Stuffed Shells in a marinara gravy (sauce).  Maybe drop the mac salad since you have potato salad and replace it with a tossed green salad.  For desert, you could do cookies or a fruit salad bowl since  I imagine there is obviously cake?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ditto PPs re: dropping one meat and adding a pasta option and a green salad. Also, are you having macaroni salad AND pasta salad? Is that really necessary? I would also add some fun dips. It sounds yummy in general though!!!
    I suck at getting pregnant
    I really suck at staying pregnant
  • thanks :)  i didn't even realize....def a green salad.  i was doing a fruit and veggie tray also.  cake and desserts as well.  10 people offered to make dip so god only knows what we'll end up with.   i hate keilbasa & kraut, but my parents are friggin insisting.  the mac has big shrimp on it and the pasta salad is mainly veggies.

the sand tray, i will add tuna for those who don't eat meat although i think everyone does

thanks for the suggestions!

• image annam829:

thanks :)  i didn't even realize....def a green salad.  i was doing a fruit and veggie tray also.  cake and desserts as well.  10 people offered to make dip so god only knows what we'll end up with.   i hate keilbasa & kraut, but my parents are friggin insisting.  the mac has big shrimp on it and the pasta salad is mainly veggies.

the sand tray, i will add tuna for those who don't eat meat although i think everyone does

thanks for the suggestions!

a lot of people i know who don't eat meat, also don't eat fish. thats why i was suggesting baked ziti. plus the ziti will go with the meatballs and sausage for those who do want to add it.

My little nuggets

• thanks--i think i am nixing the kelbasa and going w/ ziti :)

anyone have a recipe?  also how much do i make?  50 people

• image annam829:

thanks--i think i am nixing the kelbasa and going w/ ziti :)

anyone have a recipe?  also how much do i make?  50 people

One thing to remember is to not make each dish to feed 50 people. I'd say make each one to feed about 20/25 because not everyone will eat everything.

For the ziti..I'd probably make two pounds. I've made it before but didn't follow a recipe. Just sorta threw the cooked pasta, sauce and cheese together and baked. (and I used store bought sauce b.c I didn't have enough time and was cooking 3 other things at the same time)

My little nuggets