Central Pennsylvania Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anybody having bad allergy symptoms right now?

For two weeks I've had a tight chest/feel like I can't get a full, deep breath. I went to the doctor, thinking it was bronchitis, but he said there's no infection, and sent me home with an inhaler. Which, incidentally, I hate on principle. :)

Also, the inhaler doesn't seem to DO a damn thing. I'm wondering if it's allergies and someone else is having troubles too??

The allergy websites say nothing is 'high' right now, but I'm running out of ideas - you don't exactly get asthma or something overnight. 

Re: Anybody having bad allergy symptoms right now?

• My allergies are bad right now too. 

I will say though about the inhaler, the pulmonology standard of care for respiratory issues changed fairly recently (maybe 2 years ago that I remember hearing about it) and an inhaler is now what they recommend when you have a cough /difficulty breathing.  It's not like asthma that you would need to be on the inhaler long term, but coughs/respiratory illnesses can take a long time to heal, even over a month.

I hope you feel better soon!  You could try something over the counter like Mucinx to help.

My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • I've been using the inhaler per the Rx (as needed / or / every 4 hours) but it truly doesn't do anything. I still have tightness and a lack of full, deep breath.

Misery. :(

I don't think I am congested...I feel more...inflamed? More than anything. Both sinues and chest.

It's misery. :(

• For your sinuses, have you tried nasal irrigation at all?  After my ENT/allergist told me about I'm hooked and it really does help my chronic issues.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • You mean like neti pot? :)

I've tried...but it doesn't seem to help.

Husband is convinced I have walking pnuemonia, but no fever. Just run down, tired, and can't breathe!

• I don't use a neti pot, I use a bulb syringe and saline.  Not pleasant but helps if I do it regularly when I'm having issues.  I guess you could know whether it's allergies if allergy meds make it any better.  I hope you feel better soon!
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • Taking claritin and flonase, but can't take any of the decongestants...they make my heart race and freak me the hell out.

I guess at this point all I can do is rest, and then go back to the doctor AGAIN early next week if need be.