Hawaii Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Humidifier?

We were thinking about purchasing a humidifier soon (MH has issues with dry skin), and I wasn't really sure what kind to buy. We'll probably just be using it in our bedroom. I know that there are ones that are cool vs warm mist, but what's the adv/disadv for having either? We actually purchased one from Costco last year, but it didn't really work (didn't notice a difference, could never actually see the vapors emit from the machine---not sure why I didn't return it!!). Anyways, I wanted to buy a smaller one just for the room.

Any suggestions?

Re: Humidifier?

• I've pretty much used a humidifier all my life. We have 3 and my favorite is this one. I have the penguin one because the design of each character affects the performance of the humidifiers and the penguin rated the best on Amazon reviews even though the total rating for the product is based on all designs. I really like it (esp for the price). You can control the throughput and see the vapor if it's on full blast and it's pretty quiet. The only thing is that you do have to put it higher up from the ground because the vapors will condense the surrounding areas a bit if it's too close on a higher humidity setting and you don't wanna end up with a damp spot on the floor (whereas the ones I've used growing up worked well on the floor cuz it didn't have a directed spout) but I like this one better because I see the results more on a lower setting and I use it on my nightstand and it's pretty quiet (MH hates all the other humidifiers we have because it's too noisy for him at night but he doesn't mind this one at all). Anyway, GL finding one!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • image inamra:
    I've pretty much used a humidifier all my life. We have 3 and my favorite is this one. I have the penguin one because the design of each character affects the performance of the humidifiers and the penguin rated the best on Amazon reviews even though the total rating for the product is based on all designs. I really like it (esp for the price). You can control the throughput and see the vapor if it's on full blast and it's pretty quiet. The only thing is that you do have to put it higher up from the ground because the vapors will condense the surrounding areas a bit if it's too close on a higher humidity setting and you don't wanna end up with a damp spot on the floor (whereas the ones I've used growing up worked well on the floor cuz it didn't have a directed spout) but I like this one better because I see the results more on a lower setting and I use it on my nightstand and it's pretty quiet (MH hates all the other humidifiers we have because it's too noisy for him at night but he doesn't mind this one at all). Anyway, GL finding one!

This. Except i have the elephant. We love it! 

• I love this as well.  We use the duck.  I didn't realize different animals affect the performance though.  We use the extra filter and I like that I can use my 20% off at Bed Bath and Beyond for them.  I used a BBB coupon for the humidifier as well.
  • Thx! Headed to BBB :D

Oh, almost forgot, do you keep it on all the time? Just at night? I keep thinking that the moisture will ruin our furniture & walls or something. Hahaha..

• In Nevada, it was so intensely dry that I kept it on 24/7. But now that we're in CA, I only use it at night and only when I need it (generally during the winters). I had it on 24/7 during spring once and noticed some mold starting to surface near the windows so I don't do that anymore. It really depends on how humid or dry it is already...
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies