Hawaii Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Creepy stalker guy on the loose!

For the past couple weeks we have had a creepy old man going in to the ladies restroom's in our office building and just standing in there!  He was in our bathroom last week and one of my co-workers yelled at him to get out.  This week another floor had the same guy just standing in there.

Since this has happened the buliding managers have reported this to the police and the police have spoken to the ladies who have seen him, but it's still so creepy to know that I can't just go to my bathroom w/out worrying if some gross man followed me in there.

Yesterday they put a keypad on one of the floors and will be working on ours next.  So now when I have to use the restroom (like 10 times a day right now) I have to go to a different floor to use it....ugh! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
| Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
| Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |

Re: Creepy stalker guy on the loose!

• Oh no! :(  That is super scary, shivers... 
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• Weird. If the staff had called when he was there (rather than tell him to leave), could the police pick him up for trespass?

I wouldn't feel comfortable going around alone. Be like little kids... have a buddy to walk down the hall.

We have a creepy guy on the loose, too. It was on the news that he fondled little girls in the public library!!! The girls are similar in age to my daughter. I will not let her be more than an arms length from me. The girls who were the victims were at the library with their parents. It sounds like the parents were sitting down while the kids were picking out books. Creepy, creepy, creepy.

Be safe. Be prepared.

Newlyweds since 2007
  • Shiver...that is creepy.

We had something happen in our building years ago, where they actually found a homeless person sleeping under someone desk, on one of the upper floors where the vp's are. Needless to say now, you have to use a pass card for every department. Accessing the elevators are shut down during non-business hours, unless of course you have a pass.

• That's awful. We had a guy walk into our school last year and go into the boys' washroom.
  • image Surfinbride:

I wouldn't feel comfortable going around alone. Be like little kids... have a buddy to walk down the hall.

We do for sure!  I either grab one of the other ladies in my office to go down the hall or just go down to the other floor and use the keypad locked bathroom if I'm by myself.  How sad that we have to do that now.

The police actually said that if/when this guy is caught they would actually register him as a sex offender which is good to know.  Let's hope he gets caught!

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • I don't know the history or if it's just a precaution, but where I work the women's restrooms are all locked.  I thought it was kind of weird at first, but then I felt better somehow knowing that no one could be in there who didn't belong. 

I hope your keypad gets on soon!  Be careful!