Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

from a blogger re the money

(i didn't write this)

We don't have ENOUGH MONEY to fix Social Security.
We don't have ENOUGH MONEY to fix Medicare.
We don't have ENOUGH MONEY to provide health care to ALL Americans.
We don't have ENOUGH MONEY to help out Americans losing their homes.
We don't have ENOUGH MONEY to help all our veterans returning from war.
We don't have ENOUGH MONEY to rescue "no child left behind".

BUT...

We DO HAVE ENOUGH MONEY to bail out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
We DO HAVE ENOUGH MONEY to bail out Bears Stearns.
We DO HAVE ENOUGH MONEY to bail out AIG.
We DO HAVE ENOUGH MONEY to pay for an unnecessary TRILLION DOLLAR war.

When the LITTLE GUY needs help, they scornfully say, "GET A JOB!"
But when one of their BIG GUY CRONIES need a bailout, what do they say? SURE, NO PROBLEM. Where's the checkbook?

"But what about the debt we're leaving on the backs of our childen and their future?"
"Children? WHOSE Children? OUR children won't have to pay for this. YOUR children will."

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!

Re: from a blogger re the money

• If the government paid off my student loans I would be happy to invest in  the stock market.
  • it is the truth though, the sad truth
  • I could spit nails!!

• I agree with it all... except helping out those losing their homes.  I hope this bail-out plan doesn't get approved as is with the aid they're allocating to help bail-out foreclosures. 

I'd love to stop paying my mortgage.  But I opted not to over extend myself and purchased a home within my means with a traditional fixed loan, even though I considered the IO alternative on the table.  Where's my money? 

gingerly stepping off soapbox...

• I understand the frustration with the foreclosures...BUT -- there are a high percentage of people with subprime mortgages who qualified for prime mortgages and chances are mislead into subprime--and then there are people who have been cheated by contractors into weird home equity loans they didn't understand..fraud by bank, mortgages, and many other people have helped contribute to people's woes..not everyone..but I think more than we would like to believe. 

As an example my former pastor's husband worked for a local bank..the bank told him to call people and offer them loans that they knew would ruin these people.. he refused and lost his job.. 

• Sorry I dropped the ball with this one...

And I get that.  And I'm sure there are 1,000 individual stories about why it's a good idea to help foreclosures...

But I pay my mortgage.  Every month.  Why do I have to help pay someone elses?  I think it should be no one or everyone (i.e., a stimulus check for all homeowners).  My vote is no one.

I understand this whole bailout plan is designed so that every American now has to chip in to bailout these corps, but I draw the line at foreclosures.  How much more ridiculous does this need to get?