Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Random Complaint - Add yours!

I HATE e-cards.  I know that they're environmentally friendly but I cannot stand the fact that my parents send me e-cards for my birthday now.

And for our anniversary, which was over a month ago and I still haven't even looked at because I never think of it when DH and I are together.

Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!

Re: Random Complaint - Add yours!

• - my friend has two kids born in November, but she schedule their birthday party in October...the same weekend that I'd planned to have Costa's party...b/c he was born in October. (moo).

-  how often my "tone" is misinterpreted here (usually people take it as more negative vs. the sarcastic/funny I'm trying to convey).

• I hate that people do not seem to know the difference between Merge and Yield. In addition I hate that people will park their car all crooked and just leave it. THis includes people who take up two spaces so their precious car won't get scratched or dinged. 

• I get those homemade cards that you print out from old CD software from my grandparents. ?They can most definitely afford a card, but they send me that, instead, and that's it. ?I'm like, 'Really?' ?It's one of those, 'Happy Birthday, Motherslit.' ?*inserted mid-nineties pixellated graphic of a rough-looking cottage and a smiling cat* ?Inside it read, 'You're meoooownificent!'

I'm like, 'Are you sure you don't want to downgrade to a dot matrix printer next year? ?Maybe a clever folded print-out of a question mark birthday cake would be nice.'?

?

• I am on "academic suspension" in the financial aid office because I have more units than they say I should have for the program I'm in.  Not because I've failed classes or repeated too many, but because they're counting the units from my bachelor's degree.  So now I have to write a letter to the financial aid office to appeal.  And I have to see a counselor and get a formal "student education plan."  When really, all it would take is for someone to open their effing eyes and read my file, stop counting all of my BA credits, and see that I'm already enrolled in the 2-year nursing program, so I already have a "plan" instead of just following protocol like a damn computer.  So it's going to take at least another 4-6 weeks until I get my financial aid.  Assholes.
  • my complaint is that i've tried to reopen this post about five times to read the rest of the replies and the nest is caulkblocking me!!! it says there are 4 goddammit!

also i have a painful stitch in my side. woe.

• hunting bothers me.  not b/c i am an animal activist - in fact, i love eating animals and killing them for food.

there is something effing weird about hunting for sport - killing things and getting off on it.  i don't even care if you eat it after.  why not eat something that is already dead?  (ie: go to the grocery store).  there is something so redneck and WT, and neanderthal about the whole thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was biitching about my job to a friend, who used to be my boss, who is my go-to professional advisor.

I wanted him to make me feel better about it and share some insight to give me some different perspective on my gripes.

Instead - he spent an hour being raging mad on my behalf and made me feel 50 times worse.

I should have known better.  He cares about me too much to be objective about this particular subject.

:(

Floyd P. Bamker - can't spell
  • This sabbatical was a bad idea. Not because I'm not enjoying it, but because I'm questioning why I ever left the lab in the first place. I should have left well enough alone.
  • imagekatie.i.do:

the nest is caulkblocking me!!!

I hate when my caulk gets blocked.  

• This girl I work with is going through a divorce. She  is 22 and has a 3 year old. Her H cheated on her while he was away in the military. She lives with her parents. Recently she dated a man who she got into a physical fight with. She even came in and showed me the bruises. She broke it off, and he went off about how he was going to try and take her daughter away. Yeah.

With no regard for her daughter, she moved in with this jackass a few weeks later. All the way to Tampa. She was there for two days and moved out back to her parent's house. She works with me, right? So she is not making a killing. She's supposedly looking for a nursing job and has been for six months. She is b!tching on FB about why good things never happen to her and how her soon to be ex is engaged already.

This girl makes me so angry. For her parents and for her daughter. I want to kick her in the face. 
  • I have this stuck in my head:

I'm Henry the 8th I am

Henry the 8th I am I am

Second verse, same as the first

• I don't enjoy e-cards either, and I don't really care if people (other than H) send me cards at all. I like receiving them, but I wouldn't miss them if I didn't get them.

Speaking of cards, althought I certainly thought to buy flowers for myself, I forgot to get H a card for our anniversary last month. Embarrassed Thankfully, H forgot to get me one too. (We don't normally do anni gifts.)

• I have a gtg on saturday with a bunch of parenting nesties, and I don't know what to wear.

and I am scared my 18 month old is going to throw fits all over the place and embarrass me...

and I admit I am fantasizing about ways to get out of it (but I won't- I'll go.)

Tarnation!

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/963/5279/9635279.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Calorie Counter[/url]
  • imageJulzRulz:
    I am on "academic suspension" in the financial aid office because I have more units than they say I should have for the program I'm in.  Not because I've failed classes or repeated too many, but because they're counting the units from my bachelor's degree.  So now I have to write a letter to the financial aid office to appeal.  And I have to see a counselor and get a formal "student education plan."  When really, all it would take is for someone to open their effing eyes and read my file, stop counting all of my BA credits, and see that I'm already enrolled in the 2-year nursing program, so I already have a "plan" instead of just following protocol like a damn computer.  So it's going to take at least another 4-6 weeks until I get my financial aid.  Assholes.

I hate hate hate dealing with these people. I'm in the middle of an FA battle now. If people wouldn't lose my paperwork all would be in order. 

• i really hate when people block the doors on the metro.

the damn operator says MOVE TO THE MIDDLE OF THE CAR 15 times for a reason. jerks!

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am looking up recipes online, and I hate the phrase "pre-heat" your oven.  It makes no sense.  It irrationally bothers me.  Your oven is either on or it's not. It has heat, or it's cold.  End of stupid rant.
  • Eleanor's christening is Saturday.  We had to give the restaurant the final headcount on Monday.  Last night I get a voicemail from my elderly great aunt saying both her and her husband are coming and she's so sorry she waited so long.  It's a buffet so it's not a big deal but I'm still irked.

Gah!  I knew this would happen when I didn't put a "RSVP by" date on the stinkin' invitation.

• imagerenebean319:

i really hate when people block the doors on the metro.

the damn operator says MOVE TO THE MIDDLE OF THE CAR 15 times for a reason.jerks!

BUt I want to be in frooooooont! ;)  

• My puppy went crazy this morning, running all over the apartment, chewing on blankets, biting the couch, licking my shirt, while I was doing last-minute revisions on a cover letter for an academic job (adding extra commas; triple spacing after periods). As soon as I uploaded my application she took a nap. Now I think she's trying to sabotage my career.
  • Even though I've known how to pronounce Caliope for at least 15 years, I still read it as "Cally-ope." Sometimes my brain remembers the "pee" at the end, so then it's "Cally-opee." I've been mouting "Ca-LIE-o-pee" to myself ever since Cali came over to ML in hopes I can correct this mental thing.

eta: this is compounded by the fact that the nickname IS pronounced "Cally."

• image**Cleo**:
    imagerenebean319:

i really hate when people block the doors on the metro.

the damn operator says MOVE TO THE MIDDLE OF THE CAR 15 times for a reason.jerks!

BUt I want to be in frooooooont! ;)  

ok, fine.

but you're forcing me to push past you with my oversized purse and give you the stank eye.

nobody likes the stank eye lol

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I hate when I go to Trader Joe's and buy 6 containers of Gazpacho soup they always make a comment about it.  I feel like they are judging me.  It's low in calories and fat and I just want to buy it without having to have a conversation about it.
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/255tjpx.jpg[/IMG]
  • I have given up on all cards, except thank-you  and Christmas cards.  My mother insists on buying paper cards for bdays, etc. and I just can't get behind it. I have about a bajillion I have collected since I was 7 or 8.  I have yet to take a second glance at any of them.

My H doesn't seem to understand English or he inappropriately responds to questions I ask.  So much so that I have to question if maybe I don't understand English. 

We had a leak in our roof and the roofers came out to repair it.  The leak has caused sever damage to our dining room walls and floor. Boo.  They had to rip out the drywall and our floors and now we have a dehumidifier running 24/7 for the next week or so to dry out the flooring and the walls. All I can think about is how much our electricity bill is going to be.  Double boo. 

Don't worry, I'm working on it.
    Get it on!
  • imageelevendiamonds:
    imagebabubhatt:

hunting bothers me.  not b/c i am an animal activist - in fact, i love eating animals and killing them for food.

there is something effing weird about hunting for sport - killing things and getting off on it.  i don't even care if you eat it after.  why not eat something that is already dead?  (ie: go to the grocery store).  there is something so redneck and WT, and neanderthal about the whole thing.

I agree. Although I should add that many that kill for sport also eat the animals. Still doesn't change my mind about it.

So how should animals that you eat be killed? I am not a hunting fan either, but it certainly seems a healthier and kinder option to kill an animal living in it's own environment than to raise an animal in a warehouse for the purpose for being killed one day.

And I am not a vegetarian either. I just think that people see food in a package in the store and don't think about where it comes from.

• imagebabubhatt:

hunting bothers me.? not b/c i am an animal activist - in fact, i love eating animals and killing them for food.

there is something effing weird about hunting for sport - killing things and getting off on it.? i don't even care if you eat it after.? why not eat something that is already dead?? (ie: go to the grocery store).? there is something so redneck and WT, and neanderthal about the whole thing.

?

I know. ?One of my no-no's when dating was 'No hunting.'?

• imagebabubhatt:

hunting bothers me.  not b/c i am an animal activist - in fact, i love eating animals and killing them for food.

You can't get venison at store.  Venison can't even be sold in MI unless it has been inspected by the MI Dept of Agriculture and the FDA and it can only be processed in a USDA approved facility.

I do understand the rednecky feeling that you are talking about.  Every year when hunting season rolls around, I see my DH getting so excited for it and it's all he talks about and I'm like, OMG STFU, put on your blaze orange clothes, and get in your truck and then I think I married a redneck.

• I'm annoyed that I got a brazillian last week and haven't been able to take it all for a test run with MrBout due to traveling and my period.

God just doesn't want me to get laid I guess.

• imageelevendiamonds:
    imagebabubhatt:

I agree. Although I should add that many that kill for sport also eat the animals. Still doesn't change my mind about it.

I stumbled upon a website of my BIL's that at first glance was pics of him next to animals- and then I realized they were all DEAD.

he has pages and pages of him smiling proudly next to his conquests- I don't care if you eat them or not- there is something effed up about stalking another living thing through the woods and slaughtering it. and then POSING FOR A PHOTO NEXT TO ITS CARCASS.

it isn't a sport- the animals have no defense- it's weird. and I am grossed out by it.

Tarnation!

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/963/5279/9635279.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Calorie Counter[/url]
  • Winged looks completely different in her avatar vs in her sig!
  • imageTambcat:
    Winged looks completely different in her avatar vs in her sig!

I have been known to fake photos before