Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Can someone name my baby?

When I was pregnant with Charlotte, I hardly thought about baby names (weird for a first baby, I know).  This time, I think about it all the time.  The problem is I can't think of anything I like.

We are having another surprise, so I need boy and girl names.

Some names I like are:

G: Bridget, Georgia (but this is ridiculous since I have a Charlotte)

B: Ryan

My husband like Quinn for a girl, but I think it is weird to have such a feminine name for Charlotte and then a unisex name for the second.

HELP!

TIA! 

Re: Can someone name my baby?

• I am not a fan of names that are too matchy matchy...which is why I think I like Quinn the best...for a boy or a girl, to be honest!

I really love the name Rowan.

Because of the nature of my job, I see literally hundreds of names each day and rarely do any jump out at me...maybe I've become jaded! lol Athough, recently I saw that someone had named their son Prince-Trevor (uh, yeh, they hyphenated it) and another named their son Stainless (yeh, as is "steel"). lmao

Are there any family names that are special to you?

• Gwen, Genevieve, Anna

Bailey, Henry

• image Melozia:

I am not a fan of names that are too matchy matchy...which is why I think I like Quinn the best...for a boy or a girl, to be honest!

I really love the name Rowan.

Because of the nature of my job, I see literally hundreds of names each day and rarely do any jump out at me...maybe I've become jaded! lol Athough, recently I saw that someone had named their son Prince-Trevor (uh, yeh, they hyphenated it) and another named their son Stainless (yeh, as is "steel"). lmao

Are there any family names that are special to you?

Curtis loves Quinn for a girl or boy as well.  I only like it for a girl.

I also don't like matchy matchy names, but when I say Charlotte and Quinn out loud it just doesn't seem right to me.  I guess I also don't want to always be asked if Quinn is a boy or a girl.

We will probably use a family name as a middle name.  There aren't really any we want to use as first names. 

• image Jen&Joe06:

Gwen, Genevieve, Anna

Bailey, Henry

I love Genevieve. I might have to add that to the list. 

• Names are so personal that I don't even know what to tell you.  One person can really love a name, while the next person will hate it. 

I kind of agree with you though that Quinn doesn't sound quite right with Charlotte.  I don't like matchy matchy either, but something about it doesn't fit.  I like the name Quinn on its own though.

Here are some I like: Sophie, Anne, Sarah, Sabrina, Gretchen

Boys I am not so sure about names.  I find it harder to pick a boys name.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like Sophia, Adelle or Elise for girls.

For boys, Jacob, Nathaniel, James, Benjamin, Malachi. (lol we are Bible thumpers here)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My names won't run with Charlotte either but for a girl we like Audra Elaine (as first and second names) and for a boy The Mr likes Moses (seriously) while I like Felix Joseph.
    Photobucket