Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

TC Marathoners!

I think there are a few of us around! Have any of you done this before? What time are you planning on getting down to the dome? I did the 10 mile last year and can't remember what I did at all. The weather looks like it will be perfect, I love the cool mornings for running. When are you picking up your race packet? I'm going right away after work tomorrow because I can't wait, I love the expo!

Good luck to you this weekend!

Re: TC Marathoners!

• I ran it last year -- I got down to the dome way too early! I was nervous about the traffic. The year before I ran the 10mile and had to run from the bus (still stuck in traffic) to the start line - not cool!

We stayed near one of the St Paul pick ups and took the first or second bus, I'm not sure what time they left or what time we got there, but we had almost 2 hours to kill once we got to the dome!

~~run.around.aroo: The Life of the Wannabe Runner that Lives Inside Me~~
  • I guess I will get to the dome by 700- maybe 715. I've never done it, but all my friends have. Last year my friend got there 30 minutes ahead of time and did not have time to get through the lines at the portapotties (although he said he didn't realize he could go in the metrodome) He said the corrals are nuts. One thing I wasn't prepared to hear was that we'll be way behind pace for the first few miles. You shuffle the first mile or two with all the people, and then because the course is so narrow (especially around Lake of the Isles) you don't really have a chance to stretch your legs and get into your own pace until 6 miles! For that reason, they all advised me to line up with a pace group that is faster than what I think I'll run. I'll have a garmin so I'll make sure not to run over my projected pace (10:45), but the more ahead of the pack you are the better.

I'm a little nervous about the cool weather. I've never ran in long sleeves so I'm stubbornly going to rock the short sleeves with capris. I'm wearing cut up knee socks on my arms until I feel warm enough to peel them away. I'm wearing a bondi band over my ears.

Mostly I'm just nervous about random aches and pains- my feet and knees hurt just from walking a couple miles yesterday. I'm hoping it's all "mental".

Good luck everyone!

• I am not marathoning, but doing the 10 mile.  My first race!

I am a little nervous about what to wear since the 10 mile starts earlier.  I haven't ran in anything other then my compression shorts and t-shirts for my long runs.  My legs are fine until below freezing, but my arms get cold.  I like the sock idea MirandaHobbes. I also have a few long sleeve tech shirts I could wear and just roll up the sleeves if I get warm. 

I am going to pick up my packet right at noon today.  (I work in St. Paul)

Good luck everyone!

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Knee socks on sale for $1 at Target! I'm tempted to just bring an old ugly sweatshirt and wear it for the first few miles until I get warmed up. I'm very wimpy about the cold! I'm thinking I'll have to wear sunglasses, too. It's supposed to be very sunny and I get a headache.

I'm trying to be patient and wait until Saturday for packet pick up (I also work in St. Paul.) DH and I are going to go together and try to enjoy the expo. But I'll probably break down and sneak over there over my lunch break.

• I'm not wimpy about cold (yet!) but I always worry about doing new/different stuff on race day. 

I thought about the sun too.  Hmmm. 

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d