Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So, I'm not superwoman

The last few months my training has been amazing and I've been feeling fantastic...that was until the Warrior Dash kicked my ass inside out. I loved every minute of it, but running 16 miles within 24 hours of it was a bad idea. That week I was totally wiped and ended up catching a nasty cold. But I was unable to rest because I was the MOH in a wedding that weekend. So now, here it is 2 days before I'm supposed to run a trail half and I haven't logged any miles in 7 days. I know I'm not going to gain and hopefully won't lose a significant amount of fitness...but I'm just bummed! I should be fine by Sunday and I'm running another half the following week so I have plenty of running coming to me. That's it....end whining and sulking.

Re: So, I'm not superwoman

• Eh, you'll be fine, don't worry about it.  I was sick before one of my halves and didn't run or exercise at all the whole week before.  I was just fine. 

I think your body needs the rest.