Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Help me try this leggings thing. . .

Hey there. I think that leggings with long tops look really cute, but I haven't quite figured out how to pull it off. I'm 5'5", slim, and cruvy. I can find leggings easily but

a) how long should they be? seems like they range from just below the calf to below the ankle bones

b) what are your favorite brands that don't squeeze around the top and do unflattering things to your midsection?

And then,

c) where do you find tops that are long enough to cover your bottom, even when you're sitting? I'm short waisted and I still can't seem to find any. . .

d) do you have to belt your top? skinny or wide belt? What about a top that has some structure/shape to it?

Finally,

e) what about the FEET? I am not the biggest fan of boots, I always feel silly in them, can I wear flats?

TIA

Re: Help me try this leggings thing. . .

• image MissChelsea:

Hey there. I think that leggings with long tops look really cute, but I haven't quite figured out how to pull it off. I'm 5'5", slim, and cruvy. I can find leggings easily but

a) how long should they be? seems like they range from just below the calf to below the ankle bones

All mine hit right at my ankles. I don't like the ones that are only calf length. I think they make legs look funny!

b) what are your favorite brands that don't squeeze around the top and do unflattering things to your midsection?

I'm not a big help on this right now. I'm wearing maternity leggings. 

And then,

c) where do you find tops that are long enough to cover your bottom, even when you're sitting? I'm short waisted and I still can't seem to find any. .

I don't get "tunics". I wear shorter dresses with them. I can still wear non maternity stuff (I'm 5'10 so my bump isn't huge). For instance, I just bought this exact dress. I did go up one size and got it in the" tall" option: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41738&vid=2&pid=780921&scid=780921022

I also have some light weight sweater dresses that I got from Ross that look super cute with my leggings. One is 3/4 sleeve and one is short sleeve. These would look really cute w/ leggings:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41738&vid=2&pid=780918&scid=780918032

d) do you have to belt your top? skinny or wide belt? What about a top that has some structure/shape to it?

Again, I do dresses so I don't worry about a belt.

Finally,

e) what about the FEET? I am not the biggest fan of boots, I always feel silly in them, can I wear flats?

Yes you can definitely do flats! I have tons of flats and only wear boots when it's rainy or in the rare (although it happened lots last year!) event that we get snow. ;)

TIA

• a.) Like pp said I only wear the ones that go down to my ankles.

b.) Mine are all either from Victorias Secret or Target

c.) I wear shorter dresses over them or long sweaters. I see them everywhere.. Target, F21, Macys, Victorias Secret (catalog or online), and Body Central (online site). 

d). I'm not really a belt person so I'm no help there.

e.) I usually wear heels or boots.. and in the summer I'll wear sandals. I don't like the way I look in flats so I don't own any, but I've seen those done well with leggings too. 

• Thanks for the replies girls!