Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thoughts on this jacket w/ Frye boots? PIP

Ok ladies, quick question for you.  Can I (would you) wear this jacket with Frye harness boots (w/ skinny jeans tucked in)? I have the XS in the jacket, so it much more fitted on me (and a bit cuter in person) My main concern is that with the boots it just too much utilitarian for one outfit.   Thoughts?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Thoughts on this jacket w/ Frye boots? PIP

• I would wear the jacket and boots together but I'd throw on something feminine like a pretty floral top or scarf.
  • Hmmm, honestly? I don't like the look of jeans tucked into Harness, Campus or any of their western style boots.  It isn't a look that I really care for.  I wear my Fryes only under jeans.  For jeans tucked in, I wear taller, more tailored boots. 

Tucking into short Frye's can look cute styled in the right way, but the harness and campus boots always look odd to me with anything tucked. I think it's the height.

• I'm with Mavjen on this one.  Yes you could wear that jacket with Fryes.  But you do need a femine detail to break up the utilitarian look.
    Blog: Not to be Koi

Sara, Friend?
    glove slap. I don't take crap.
  • image mavjen:
    I would wear the jacket and boots together but I'd throw on something feminine like a pretty floral top or scarf.

Ditto!  I think it could be really cute with a flowery feminine accent... I see a lot of pretty scarves at Ann Taylor Loft!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think it depends on the height of the Frye boots.  I agree with Flowerchild that it might look funny if they are the shorter Harness or Campus boots (but I don't think she knows that they come in taller lengths too).  I think either of those styles in the below-the-knee length (I think I have 15" or taller in both styles) would look great!  I would definitely add a flowery scarf like others said to add a little feminine touch.