Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Purology vs. Loreal Everpure

My hair responds a lot better to Purology than the Loreal Everpure.  I've only washed my hair twice with LE.  Should I stick it out and continue with the LE? 

FYI - I'm alternating between the two since the Purology is so expensive.

Does anyone else encounter the same problem? 

Re: Purology vs. Loreal Everpure

• Same here.  The everpure cleans my hair without stripping the color or turning my highlights brassy (great!) but my hair doesn't feel as moisturized/healthy for some reason as when I use the pureology (not so good).  I use the pink Everpure too which is supposed to be moisturizing.  

I also alternate between the pureology and the everpure for the same reason as you.  After this bottle, I don't know if I would purchase the everpure again but I would still like to find a cheaper alternative to the pricey pureology! 

• Both work fine on my hair. Pureology is manufactured by Loreal too.  In fact, they even changed the formula around. When I was using Pureology back in the day, 7 + years ago it was SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER.

I only get Pureology because I can get a huge bottle that lasts over 6 months. If Ever Pure made a huge bottle, I would get that instead.

• The pureology conditioner made my scalp burn as soon as I put it on.  It was scary how fast it started burning.  And I've used it before, years ago, but given pp above, maybe it's the new formula.

I have noticed a difference with loreal which I like, much less frizz.

• I didn't like Everpure, my hair was just not right when I used it. I have used ABBA which I find is similar to Pureology but much cheaper. I can get the large bottle for about $25 at Ulta.

• Thanks everyone for your replies!
  • LE works really well for me, as long as I use the conditioner too.