December 2007 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My freezer is stocked!

We have a chest freezer in the garage, and it is filled to the top!  The last few weeks, I have been slowly stocking up on deals from the grocery (frozen veggies and meats).  Last night I went to Aldi to check it out since they had just opened and they had butterball turkeys for .99 a pound!!!  Score :)

Re: My freezer is stocked!

• that's great! we stocked up last weekend at costco. I just haven't had time to shop around for deals lately

but I did a ton of freezer cooking last weekend. I made up 25 burritos for us to bring to work for lunch. made tons of black beans, casseroles, lasangas, shredded chicken, breadsticks, french toast, etc.

it's been so nice this week w/ work being psycho to have dh take a meal out of the freezer and put in the oven. dinner is ready for me when i get home :)

• i need to start stocking up also my supplies have started to go down.

Who let the dawgs out? image
  • image LaurenRachel:

that's great! we stocked up last weekend at costco. I just haven't had time to shop around for deals lately

but I did a ton of freezer cooking last weekend. I made up 25 burritos for us to bring to work for lunch. made tons of black beans, casseroles, lasangas, shredded chicken, breadsticks, french toast, etc.

it's been so nice this week w/ work being psycho to have dh take a meal out of the freezer and put in the oven. dinner is ready for me when i get home :)

Wow, thats awesome!!!  I havent ever really done any freezer cooking, maybe if our schedules get crazy or when we start TTC it might be a good idea! 

• That's great!! I love a well-stocked freezer
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so jealous!!!  I wanted to stock up our freezer before Chase was born, but I only got around to making 1 dish.  Do you cook the meals or just get everything mixed together before you freeze it?
  • Someday I'd love to have a separate freezer so that we have room to buy in bulk and stock up!  It's so much cheaper that way.
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Jakeybabe16:
    I am so jealous!!!  I wanted to stock up our freezer before Chase was born, but I only got around to making 1 dish.  Do you cook the meals or just get everything mixed together before you freeze it?

you cook everything first then you just reheat

i love having a stocked freezer we are emptying out our extra freezer so i can get rid of it (it's pretty old and getting freezer burn on our food boo) but our friend is giving us a chest freezer so i'll use that to stock up i can wait!!

• I've been telling DH I want to get an extra freezer for the garage so we can store more stuff, our freezer is always packed to the brim. This weekend I need to go and stock up on a bunch of soups, granola bars etc. and as much freezer stuff as I can fit for when the baby arrives so we grab something quick during the first few weeks.
  • jess, I cook pretty much everything first. w/ the casseroles/lasanga I assemble everything and then freeze it. I don't cook the whole casserole first.

I do freeze pizza dough and cookie dough before cooking.