Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Airport Question

I am flying out to Vegas next Thursday.  Our flight is at 10:45am and I am one of those that likes to be at the airport at the required 2 hours prior for domestic flights.

]DH, my parents and I will all be driving down in one car, most likely parking at Fast Track and shuttling over.  We will be coming from NE Philly and obviously taking 95 down.  I know 95 is an ever loving nightmare in general anymore, but especially during rush hour.

Now with all of that said, what time do you suggest we leave?  It's roughly 20 miles door to door, 18 of which are 95.  Thanks.

Re: Airport Question

• What on-ramp to 95 are you using? this matters to me. :)
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/dctxu1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Academy.  I wouldn't touch Cottman with a 10 foot pole.

• I have a fear of lateness, so if it were me, I'd leave at least 45 minutes before I wanted to be at the airport (I'd probably give an hour, honestly, because I hate being late).

I drive up 95N to go to work so I see the traffic on 95S and it's pretty rough.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/dctxu1.jpg[/IMG]
  • I would probably say an hour too.  I hate being late at the airport.  I'm the one that gets there way early and then roams the terminals because I can't sit still.

I would do an hour including shuttle time maybe.  Make sure you account for about 15 minutes to get from fast track to the actual airport.

• Academy to the airport at around 8-9am can be bad.. so be prepared to either sit in traffic or get off and take state rd down past Girard and then get back on.  

Because of that, if your intention was to arrive at 8:45 to be 2 hours early, I would suggest leaving your house at 7:45 at the latest just to be safe and allowing for a possible 45 minutes worth of traffic.   

• I'd leave at least an hour before you want to be at the airport...but I'm a nervous nelly when it comes to being late, especially for flights.

Also since you're giving other people a ride (it always slows things down when more people are involved), and doing park/shuttle thing, give yourself even more time.

My Boys

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d9vkzn.jpg[/IMG]
  • I say leave at 7:30.  This seems crazy early, though I'm the girl who is usually so early that I can catch the earlier flight. :-)
  • Thanks all!  My first thought was to leave my parents' house at 7:30 so I'm glad I'm not the only paranoid one out there.

katieg - just noticed your ticker!  GL the next few days/weeks! 

• Thank you! I'm jealous of your trip. Enjoy Vegas!
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who is paranoid about airport times.  I feel like I'm always the first one there for a flight.  DH teases me about it all the time.
  • image ibekatieg:
    I say leave at 7:30.  This seems crazy early, though I'm the girl who is usually so early that I can catch the earlier flight. :-)

On my gosh, you're about to have a baby! Please post pictures/updates when it happens and good luck! :)

My Boys

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d9vkzn.jpg[/IMG]
  • image eSynergy:

On my gosh, you're about to have a baby! Please post pictures/updates when it happens and good luck! :)

Thank you! I certainly will.  I feel I have quite some time before any action over here, based on a check-up this morning. I fear I may see 42 weeks.