Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bars near 60th and Grover

On Sat, I am in a wedding. The B&G will be doing a whole bunch of pics and stuff that we (the bm's) don't need to be present for. They aren't getting a limo, so we are all going from the church to the reception (firefighers hall) on our own. The B said "oh, you can just go on in when you get there" but we think that the arrival of the BMs means that the B&G are there and eating will soon commence, so we don't think we should just wander around the reception early.

So, our thought is, we will stop somewhere and have a drink. Like somewhere w/in 5min of the reception. Don't care if it's a dive bar, in fact, that might be even more fun!

photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

Re: Bars near 60th and Grover

• The Candlelight?

Am I in the right area even?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Good thinking! That's like 50th and Grover!

Alissa Jean

• Candlelight is at 50th and Grover...

Poop Deck is at 60th and Grover

• I was gonna say poop deck... I know that Ninos used to be down in there some where on Grover... also a HUGE dive...
    Our Fur-babies!
  • Poop deck for sure!
    MARRIED
    05-20-2006

I feel so Blessed!!!

Here comes baby #3!!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt157632.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Haha! I'd forgotten about Poop Deck! That might totally be the place to bust into wearing fancy gowns on a Sat afternoon! :)

Alissa Jean

• image October30:
    ninos closed
      I figured as much its been years since I've been in there and I'm not sure why we even went someone someone owned it or worked there or something... needless to say it didn't look like it had a lot of buisness...
    Our Fur-babies!
  • image skipygrl16:
    image October30:
    ninos closed
      needless to say it didn't look like it had a lot of buisness...

Usually double wide trailer bars don't. :-)

• Poop Deck is a good one, there's also the Turf Lounge, that's a little farther down closer to Center.

Nino's was a fun place, (I think the owner passed away and that's why it closed), total dive though, we go on a dive bar crawl every year and that was always a stop on the tour.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The Poop Deck only took cash last time we were in there, just an FYI.  I would 2nd the Turf, and there's also another little bar right by it called the Fan Tan Club.  If you go to 72nd and Grover, there's a fun little bar in the Comfort Inn.  I think it's called the Firewater Grille??
  • The Candlelight gets pretty packed for husker games

Married the love of my life 6/3/06
    Became a family of three 8/25/09