Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Clicky Poll: work printer

I need a work printer, and also I would like to get a multi-function (scan/copy/fax), because my new office is far from any copier/scanner/fax.

I can spend up to $500, and I prefer a laser printer, but they are spendy.  I would also prefer color, but again, spendy.  I could use your recommendations for brands/models too, wise nesties.

WWYD?

[Poll]

Re: Clicky Poll: work printer

• How often do you use/need a color printer? Is there another color printer you can use?  If you only need color once a week or so, I say get the cheap laser B/W printer.   
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2evayr5.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/vghfv9.png[/IMG]

Bazinga!
    Liz's Yarn
  • My needs vary a lot, some weeks I don't print anything that needs color, but I often use color to help make data more understandable, and if I'm making graphics, it is really important.  I do have access to an older color laser printer, but it is far away from my office, therefore annoying to use.

• We have several Canon MX860s at work and they're pretty nice.  The print quality isn't quite as good as laser, but not bad. 
  • I'm not sure what line of work you are in, but I deal with a lot of Word documents with track changes.  Color printing is a must for that.  Color scanning comes in handy less often, but when it does, it does, KWIM?  Fast printing is less important, b/c when I need it, I can use the office laser printer.  
  • I'd get an HP MF Laser, color if you can afford or B/W if that is in budget.  If you really need color get an inkjet for that.  The cost and time you'll save having a laser is enormous, IMO.
  • Any chance of finding a color laser MFP cheaper on eBay or something? If not, I'd say a laser B/W.