September 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hey Neuner!

How was your 5k the other day? Did you love it?

Re: Hey Neuner!

• I had a ton of fun - I didn't do as good as I would have liked, but I learned that there is a HUGE different between running at 7am and running at 9:30--- it was effing HOT!  But I finished, and all the senior citizens were SO cute, cheering for us along the way.

They didn't have any kind of mile markers or anything, and I forgot my watch, so I had a really hard time trying to figure out how far I had gone and what my pace was like - that really threw me off, to just keep running and not know how far I'd gone!

<a href="http://peaceloveandfrenchfries.com/" target="_blank">Peace, Love & French Fries</a>

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/t4zqc5.jpg[/IMG]

Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts
  • Glad you had a good time, and congrats on finishing it!

It definitely makes it more challenging to run when they don't mark the splits, and if it's a route you've never run before, it's hard to know how to pace yourself cause, yeah, you don't know how much farther. But kudos for getting through it and having fun. Very cute about the seniors cheering you on, that's always a nice perk.

And yeah, I used to love running on bright sunny days (thinking I'd get some faint color on my irish skin) but this past year I've noticed that the sun is just that much stronger and it sucks my energy faster than it used to.