Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Share one good thing about today

Let's do a feel good post!

Share one (or more) good things about today.  Go!

Re: Share one good thing about today

• I got my first Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks...

I interviewed with another scar project lady who is writing a book and I have a chance for a local photographer to take a few photos of me for the book, getting their work in a book and am really excited to email a few people! (or if anyone reads this and is interested let me know!)

Stupid white blood cells are attacking everything...and making me very sick but the meds they gave me to help me sleep have been working like a charm and I'm feeling great!

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
  • My husband gives the best hugs and I got a really good one this morning.

Elsie's daycare has a new baby that started yesterday and seeing her this morning with the baby, being so gentle and excited, just swelled my heart full of love for little E.

I got a latte this morning and it tastes sooooo yummy! 

• I got more than 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night.

That's as good as it is going to get this morning so far.

Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • I'm giving my legs a much needed break by skipping my p.m. workout and am instead meeting a few friends at Beauty Supply Super Store for their annual girls' night followed with heavy apps and a few drinks.

When I was leaving the gym this morning, I saw what I think had to have been one of the top 20 sunrises I've ever seen. It was so beautiful that I froze and gasped "Oh my God."

• I'm 15 weeks and knowing I'm almost done with my 4th month is helping me deal with my issue of "I feel fat and I can't believe this shirt doesn't fit!"

I get to eat sushi tonight with a old high school friend!  I'm really excited to see her tonight.

• I've lost 22# since July.

My husband gets to come home for a week before leaving for Afghanistan. I can hardly wait, I miss him like crazy.

Jack went to bed last night without a bottle, didn't stay asleep, but one day at a time.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I stopped for coffee this morning! :)

Hopefully today goes by fast so that I can get home and spend some time with the hubs too. <3

• Talking with other friends made me realize how awesome my DH is, and how much I appreciate him.

I am getting a bump sooner than I expected but I am very excited about it.

I scheduled my big U/S and it's not that far away!

I actually took the time to do my hair and makeup, I think this is contributing to the good start of my day.

• I stopped to treat myself to a cinnamon dolce latte this morning and it was amazing.

The antibiotics are finally kicking in and helping me kick this bout of bronchitis, can't wait to start running again. I never thought I would miss running especially since I wasn't fond of it before.

• Nathaniel's fever broke and doesn't seem to be crabby this morning!

Benjamin slept in until 8:30!

I get to go pick up an order from TTBBB today!!!

Today is going to be a good day!

• I'm totally excited to go home and finished cleaning/re-doing the downstairs bedroom and bathroom in prep for our house guests this weekend.

DH and I settled an argument this morning, and I feel alot better about things.

• Today is my last day as a blonde, because tomorrow I'm going back brunette and I'm pretty stoked about it! :)

As Kim says, only 4 more sleeps until football!

• I feel pretty decent this morning, so I'm going to take the kids out to run errands =)  It should be fun.

The kids are playing nicely and quietly together, and I haven't had to break them up at all this morning (yet).

That Big Mac and fries for lunch yesterday was so good!  Total splurge, but you just can't help cravings.

• I am married to my best friend and I can honestly say our marriage only gets better as time goes on.

I'm feeling very at peace with things right now, even though there is a lot going on, and I know that peace is coming from trusting that God is in control.  I'm usually a worrier, so feeling such a peace about things is a huge blessing.

My house is clean and I love it!  now to just keep it that way... :)

• It's the LAST day of August!  September = Fall for me!! 
  • It's been over a month since I've had a pop.  For me, that's huge.

As of last week, I will be working out of Council Bluffs until the first week in November.  I cannot wait to be home with my husband every night.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The first dog that I worked the full adoption on was transported to his new home this weekend. I got another great update this morning and it makes me so happy! Currently, I'm working on transport details for 3 approved dogs to go to their forever homes and 4 more applications!

Timmy stood up for the first time by himself since surgery 2 nights ago. It was only for a second, but I was so happy. Yesterday, he stood up again by himself and that one was a good two seconds before falling over. We should know more if he'll be able to walk again tomorrow at his appointment, but I know he's giving it all he's got!

• Cake pops today!!

E has not fallen down the stairs or climbed out of her high chair yet today!

My application is in process with the department of defense schools.

• I just completed a big project, and even though the tools that would have made it easier malfunctioned, I fixed things manually and kicked ass doing so...having it only take me 2 hours instead of a whole day.

I get my first "night off" from the kids since about a week ago.  And I'm not letting myself feel horrible about needing this break.  Because I'm going nuts!

I called the lawyer yesterday and paperwork is done...he just needs to review it.  I hope to have it by the end of the week!

• There's been a lot going on in my life these past few months and I've really been struggling to keep myself grounded, not let the what-ifs run away with my imagination, and to just "be still and know".  I've been praying about it a lot, and I'm very much at peace right now.  The storm continues to blow around me, but I feel sheltered and peaceful, knowing my life is in God's hands and no matter what, things will be okay.  Great in fact.  :)

This morning my kids held hands from the moment they woke up until they got in their car seats.  Henry helped Avery get dressed,  he wiped her face, he told her how pretty she is, etc.  It was SO sweet.  Usually I'm breaking up fights and refereeing screaming matches!

[IMG]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/4/465918.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/7/736733.png[/IMG]
  • day two of the demo on the shittshack,and everything is going good - i love my dh for doing this, and saving us 8g by not hiring a company to tear it down.

My house is ka-lean - and isnt it so nice when everything is clean? I have my scentsy going, cake in the oven, and its nice.

i get to see some nesties today, and i am excited for them to try my new truffles.

we planned where everything is going on the acreage, and dh is on board with my fruit orchard, and my extra large garden - I cant wait for next year to start planting trees - thoughts on what to plant as far as fruit?

I want to spend every moment of the day on the acreage - its just so peaceful and relaxing and very quiet - it makes me hate this house more and more everyday. We have been driving there, and in the evenings walking to the lake and fishing with Owen. Its perfect - just what my life is supposed to be like - simple, and in the country.

Lastly, today is a good day!

• image tiff-n-nick:

my fruit orchard, and my extra large garden

I want to spend every moment of the day on the acreage - its just so peaceful and relaxing and very quiet , and in the evenings walking to the lake and fishing with Owen. Its perfect - just what my life is supposed to be like - simple, and in the country.

can I say how jealous I am??

• image BoutTime:

As Kim says, only 4 more sleeps until football!

Very true. This makes me smile. Big Smile

Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • My son was extra snuggley this morning and my hubby was extra sweet.  Make this final week before the layoff that much easier to take.

Oh and yesterday baby #2 had a good steady heart rate so I'm hopeful he's outgrowing the irregular beat like the doctor thought he would.

• Our carpet was installed in the basement yesterday, and it is fabulous!!

The bathroom tile should be 100% laid tonight.

I get my sewing room back tonight!!!

This next weekend is a 3 day weekend, and my little brother and SIL are going to be stopping by on their way to California.  

DH is taking E with to Hooters for his football draft with friends, so I get the entire evening to go grocery shopping and finish tiling without interruptions.

I'm wearing one of my favorite outfits today: a white sleeveless shirt, denim trousers - love! - and comfy, cheap but cute sandals.  

• Anders and I had a great reading hour this morning.

S is the most understanding man I could ever have asked for.

My family comes in tomorrow, yay! I haven't seen them in 3 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image TJ123:
    image tiff-n-nick:

my fruit orchard, and my extra large garden

I want to spend every moment of the day on the acreage - its just so peaceful and relaxing and very quiet , and in the evenings walking to the lake and fishing with Owen. Its perfect - just what my life is supposed to be like - simple, and in the country.

can I say how jealous I am??

Me too! Shall we call you Tiff the Pioneer Woman? =)  I mean, you're def getting those flour and sugar drawers in your new kitchen, right?!

• DH is taking me out for lunch today (this is huge because we never go out).

DH's cousin is coming in from NJ tomorrow and staying with us until Monday. Since she's going to be here I get to eat at my favorite pizza place on Friday and we're going to the zoo on Saturday.

Joey is this close to crawling and on one hand it makes me sad how fast my baby growing up but on the other hand I'm amazed and proud of all of her progress.

I have a container of homemade cake batter ice cream in my freezer -- 'nuff said!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thing one:

Thing two:

Every day is a good day around here!

[url="http://crosscountrysquared.blogspot.com/"] My blog[/url]
  • I dont have to work today :)

I get to eat Chinese today FINALLY! I've been craving for awhile now! With DH at work, I will just go grab it!