Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

update to cutting off family member

Seriously I can't believe there could be an update so quickly.

My brother decided to "announce" his birthday party plans.  Its 5 weeks away and other people have unplanned birthdays before his.

I wasn't planning to attend anyway and had no reason to make this known to him now.  He sent various family members a text that said "I have made other plans the night of my birthday; therefore we will celebrate at lunch."  In the middle of the day when I'm working.  I replied "sorry, can't make it; I'm working." 

I received several phone calls and texts with yelling that he is so hurt that I would "abandon my only brother" for other people.  I stopped listening.  He called again this morning, nicely asking to be called back.  I did (my mistake).  He started yelling more and then hung up. 

He has since called other family members yelling and screaming at all of them.  Oh...  and the kicker:  he wants my mom to pay for his party.  This is after he called her an f... b*...  for "spreading lies" about him. 

So happy that I had already decided that I was done with him.

Re: update to cutting off family member

• your mom isn't paying for the party is she ?
  • Please tell me that you aren't ever going to return his calls again.

Hope is not a strategy.
  • Are you my sister?  Cuz we definitely have the same brother.
    image Visit The Nest! Love to scrapbook!
  • She says she isn't going to have this party.  I hope she sticks to this.
  • I bet you feel good knowing you made the right choice.

Hope you've learnt not to bother returning calls. No matter how "nice" he is, he's not gonna change anytime soon.

I have a feeling your Mum will pay for this party, but that's her business, just keep doing what is best for you. 

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/213pzit.jpg[/IMG]
    Elizabeth 3yrs old Jane 1yr old
  • Wow.  It seems like you made the right decision - just keep at it.
    Natural m/c @ 6 weeks - 3/1/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image *lily*721:
    She says she isn't going to have this party.  I hope she sticks to this.

Hopefully the counseling is working and she WILL stick with her resolution!

image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • If it's like my brother and my mom, she'll pay for the party.  And she'll keep "loaning" (actually giving because it never gets paid back) him money and giving him what he wants until she is retired, completely drained dry, and has nothing left to give.  And even then, he'll ask for the last $100 in her bank account.
    image Visit The Nest! Love to scrapbook!
  • Not going = good call.  You made the right decision by cutting him off.  What a psycho!!!
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/x200p0.jpg[/IMG]
  • image *lily*721:

I received several phone calls and texts with yelling that he is so hurt that I would "abandon my only brother" for other people.  I stopped listening.  He called again this morning, nicely asking to be called back.  I did (my mistake).  He started yelling more and then hung up. 

He has since called other family members yelling and screaming at all of them. 

Are the several phone calls from him?  All?  Or anyone else? Because I get he's crazy but I'm not sure if anyone else is in your life, too.

My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • Looks like you're making the right decision, then! Good Luck.
  • Good Luck!
  • There has been no further communication regarding this...  I can only assume he's forgotten (for the moment) or moved on (which I doubt).