South Jersey Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**Summer 2008**

I'm sorry that you weren't impressed with your video when you finally received it. If you don't mind me asking, what made your video disappointing? I'm really getting nervous now b/c quality is one of the main reasons he always says his videos take awhile to arrive and if he isn't delivering on the quality, something is not right. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: **Summer 2008**

• I'm also getting worried! I emailed him last night pleading for our video by Friday... no response...
  • Sorry to jump in, and I really hope I don't offend or tick anyone off here, because I really don't mean to (and I know we get protective over our vendors) Big Smile, but I don't think its the quality that takes him over a year to do the video.  I mean, he puts out a great quality BIG show and he does that on the spot.  Granted the whole video is longer, but still... a year? With the technologies out right now, it shouldn't take longer than say 4 months... unless he isn't even starting your video until 6 months from your wedding.  I think the problem is that he is booking way too many clients and must be way overwhelmed. So I understand Summer being a bit let down by the quality. He does do great work, but I would be upset if I were in your position as well.  And the lying... just plain weird and unprofessional. I hope you all get your videos soon, and I hope they are amazing.... GL

Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • image JSantilli:
    I'm also getting worried! I emailed him last night pleading for our video by Friday... no response...

I emailed him about the video going out last week and he said he didn't send it yet.  I even offered to go pick it up myself and I haven't heard from him since!

• image lmparlett:

Sorry to jump in, and I really hope I don't offend or tick anyone off here, because I really don't mean to (and I know we get protective over our vendors) Big Smile, but I don't think its the quality that takes him over a year to do the video.  I mean, he puts out a great quality BIG show and he does that on the spot.  Granted the whole video is longer, but still... a year? With the technologies out right now, it shouldn't take longer than say 4 months... unless he isn't even starting your video until 6 months from your wedding.  I think the problem is that he is booking way too many clients and must be way overwhelmed. So I understand Summer being a bit let down by the quality. He does do great work, but I would be upset if I were in your position as well.  And the lying... just plain weird and unprofessional. I hope you all get your videos soon, and I hope they are amazing.... GL

No worries, lmparlett! You make some good points. Your video looked great and you got it right away, right? I should have gone with Alliance.  Oh, well!

• Yes njgal, I did get my video right away (I didn't want to put that because I didn't want to seem like I was comparing!) ; )  I actually got my whole video two weeks ago (a little over a month from the wedding), but that was a special case.  The owner of Alliance happens to be my next door neighbor (didn't even realize that's what he did until we were looking for vendors) and he knew we were going to be going to AZ, so he surprised me by rushing it a bit, so that I could have it to show my parents in person, which meant a lot.  And it was still excellent.  His editing really impressed me.  Still, I know his average is like 2-3 months.  I think the key is that he doesn't shoot nearly as many weddings.  And he has himself and another guy who both shoot and edit.  If you devote 5 days a week 8:00- 5:00 editing, then I think you could definitely put out a good product in a month... as long as you don't shoot 10 weddings that month.  As you can tell, the "if it's done quickly, it's going to be poor quality" argument bothers me. ; )  Yes, that may be the truth, but if you are like me, and would want to work on the thing pretty much non-stop until it's done, then that could happen.

My photographer recommended Ken, and I think his work is great, but I just also think that there is something fishy. Not that he's a "scammer" as I saw him described on TK, but that he's not delivering in the time and manner he should.

Again, good luck!

Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • I do agree that he might be overbooked but I still have yet to see a wedding video that I've liked better then his so that's why I'm ok with the wait.  I know a few people who got their video back within a month or so after and the editing was horrible..

Yeah it shouldn't have to take him a year but I went into this knowing that he was busy and popular so I asssumed it would take longer. He just has to get better at responding to emails

• Sorry for the delay, I'm hardly ever on this board anymore. The video isn't terrible, but it by no means took my breath away like the samples did. The ceremoney music was dubbed over, which I know is often done to make the sound quality better, but the songs on the video don't match what actually played. The groom's microphone wasn't on for half of the ceremony. There are shots showing mostly the wall. I could go on...