Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

landscaping recs?

Does anyone have a good landscaper?  We just received a bid that was about $4k over what we wanted to spend and $2k over what we told him was our absolute max.  I'm not pleased, but DH thinks it's fine, or at least workable.  I'm ready to find someone else!

Re: landscaping recs?

• Robert's Nursery!! We love them and worked well UNDER the budget we told them we had.
  • Patera Landscaping! They are a locally owned company, run by a younger guy who is very nice, hardworking, great ideas. Jeff has a horticulture degree and really has a good idea of what looks great, but is easy to maintain, will survive in our climate, and wont' get eaten to the ground by bunnies.

His business has grown a lot in the past couple years, and I think he finally hired some more help to answer/return calls.  Sometimes we've been frustrated with not getting a call back, but then we'll come home and he'll have done what we asked (i.e., mulch, replace plants, etc).  His parents live in our neighborhood, so he is always here working on some neighbor's yard....so sometimes we just flag him down.

We hired him for our complete landscape when we built our house.  Since then, we've had him add a fountain, some additional plants, and also landscape/deck lights.

Oh, and we've found he's very reasonably priced.  If you call him, tell him the Lehans sent you his way.