Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I am going to KILL my cat

My fat cat Gus will NOT leave my other cat alone. The last two days he has done nothing but chase her and attack her. She is old and I just don't know what to do. He seriously will not stop. I yell/scold him whatever and two seconds later he is right back at it. What can I do? I am seriously at my wits end with him.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: I am going to KILL my cat

• squirt bottle

rattle a can of pennies

• image smiles4ya:

squirt bottle

rattle a can of pennies

I currently use a plastic bag and crinkle it at him, he hates that and will run from it, but then literally 2 seconds later he is right back at it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we use one of those desk cleaner air cans. just a quick burst of it and it sounds like a cat hissing. Buddha HATES it and stops whatever he is doing to run away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • njh514njh514 member

You might have to keep the aggressive cat in his own room for a while and reintroduce them as if one cat were brand new in a week and a half to two weeks. Google it and keep away from the scolding. I've read that that's not the best idea although sometimes you just want to lecture them...

We had a VERY slow introduction period with Ginger and Daisy and while it was incredibly frustrating for a very long time it worked. It took TONS of work on my part but they were able to stand each other for the most part. Jack has no idea Ginger exists and Ginger has no idea Jack exists yet and it will be that way for a while. A bit of a pain but it's what is best for them both.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers