Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Questions about hand, foot & mouth disease

Has anyone had any experience with it? My SIL just called and said that my niece has it. We are going to be around her on Sunday. Should we keep our kids away from her? Should we keep away? How contagious is it?

TIA!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Questions about hand, foot & mouth disease

• DD just had it. Our pediatrician told us to keep her away from kids for a few days! DD ran a good temp and had sores inside her mouth and a rash for almost 7 days. If it were me I would keep my kids aways!
  • after the fever is gone for 24 hrs they arent contagious
    Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09
  • I would keep the kids away but that's just me.  Evan had it 3 months ago and I want to avoid another round at all costs.  If they've been fever free for 24 solid hours, they aren't contagious.  If you really can't avoid being around them just make sure there's no extended touching of the hands, mouth, etc.
  • Thanks! Our doctor's office just called me back and said the same thing you all did. Hopefully she will have been fever free for 24hrs by Sunday. They said that just to keep the kids away from her and they should be fine. I guess we will just play it by ear!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers