June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Help me decorate

Since Mamie will soon be leaving us during the day, I figured I should ask for some decorating advice. Our bedroom is tiny and has a sloped roof. This means it is REALLY hard to decorate. Can anyone provide me with some ideas for ways to make it more comfortable? Like maybe moving the bed in front of the window? Adding wall lights? Bonus points for pictures of similar rooms!

Re: Help me decorate

• here is the other side of the room:

• Cute bedding! And I love the wedding pic above your dresser. 

You could try to re-arrange to see if you like it better. I think the one thing that jumped out at me was to darken up the wall color a bit - not a lot, because you don't want the room to feel smaller. And I'd replace those white sheers with floor-length panels in a shade that's in your bedding.  

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • This room is bigger than yours, but see how they brought the wall color up onto the sloped walls and ceiling?  Can you do that?

I think you'd also need to add a headboard to put the bed in front of the window. 

• image stephriz:

This room is bigger than yours, but see how they brought the wall color up onto the sloped walls and ceiling?  Can you do that?

I think you'd also need to add a headboard to put the bed in front of the window. 

Our walls are the same color as the ceiling, but I think a better color could help show that. And sadly, we do have a headboard, you just can't see it!

• Sorry I missed the headboard Keb.  I really like everything you have in the room--I bet a fresh coat of paint will pull it all together (and new curtains would help too).

Look what popped up on Young House Love today though:

http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/07/reader-redesign-gussied-up-guest-room/

• Thanks for the post Steph. We are thinking of painting the room a blueish gray, so we will see if that helps. And then of course, new curtains!

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!