Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Centerpieces - PLEASE help

So my friend is getting married in just a couple weeks. I lent her like 30 large fishbowls from my wedding to use for her centerpieces. They are on a super tight budget so I thought she could come up with something creative or even simply elegant to do with them. I filled them with water and painted floating candles then sat them on top of a square mirror to reflect the light and had rose petals and votives around it.

So last night she text me a picture of a huge wine glass looking thing full of white tulle and yellow rose petals. It's seriously AWFUL! Her colors are yellow and chocolate. Please help me think of some creative things she could do with the fishbowls that isn't going to cost a ton. Pictures appreciated!! TIA!!

Married the love of my life 6/3/06
Became a family of three 8/25/09

Re: Centerpieces - PLEASE help

• We did flowers in ours.  We didn't have set colors but there was a lot of brown, green, butter yellow and cream.  I planted yellow and cream flowers in square vases.  Simple and I planted the flowers at home after the wedding. 

She could also put some rocks or sand in them with a votive. 

I'm SO not creative so that's probably no help Stick out tongue

• Yellow gerber daisy floating in water with a brown ribbon around top.

Lemon slices in water.

Yellow and brown polka dots (use glass paint or hot glue cardboard paper on) with a candle floating in water.

Yellow flowers with brown accents or tied in a brown bow.

• these are kinda cheesy with the boot...but coffee beans are chocolatey and maybe a yellow votive?

these could be pretty with brown stones in the bottom with yellow flower buds, votives or different sized candles.

I do like Kendra's idea of planting flowers and then having them for their new home....or give away to the last guests at the reception.

• This with brown glass or stones and yellow gerbera(s).

This with yellow calla lilies.

This with brown stones and yellow orchids.

This with yellow callas and gerberas.

This with yellow hydrangea or rose.

This.

I also like the ideas of using coffee beans, lemons, or planted flowers! Big Smile

• You ladies are great! Thank you, thank you!

I'm taking all of these ideas to her tomorrow to see if we can put together something much better than what she was thinking :) Thanks again!! 

• We had fish bowl type things on some of our tables, and we filled them with coffee beans as a base (she can go to La Rue on L Street and Bob Boozer and ask for their leftovers) and then I had pillar candles sitting in the middle.  (My colors were chocolate and ivory.)  Hopefully that gives you an idea that she can work with!
    [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/avfpqc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/6f4j8o.jpg[/IMG]
  • I think lemons are a great idea!!  Could she tie a brown bow around the top of the bowls??

I think its be cute too if you had some twigs coming out of it..maybe with white or yellow flowers on them?

• OMG, I'm loving ALL of those ideas! Coffee beans and lemons... the smells alone would be lovely. 

Follow up: I think my friend is mad at me for giving my constructive criticism... sad. She asked my opinion, but I guess it was one of those instances where I was supposed to just say CUTE and let it go.

Me = bad friend 

• image NebraskaBride06:

OMG, I'm loving ALL of those ideas! Coffee beans and lemons... the smells alone would be lovely. 

Follow up: I think my friend is mad at me for giving my constructive criticism... sad. She asked my opinion, but I guess it was one of those instances where I was supposed to just say CUTE and let it go.

Me = bad friend 

Dude!  Those were UGLY.  Like I said, straight out of a high school prom. 

You = good friend (for saving her the embarrassment)