Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Moving to ATL

2»

Re: Moving to ATL

• I think I would rather go through a realitor that does rentals. Craigslist scares me. I had a roommate from HELLLLLLL from craigslist. I am talking intercepted mail, opened a platnum amex my name and went to town.Oh and she set the apartment on fire knowing I was going to confront her on it. I lost pretty much everything, that was 3 years ago but YUCK. Thank goodness for renters ins.

Yeah I think I have my top list of areas now, Buckhead, Midtown and VA highlands, I visited there once when my cousin lived there she worked at an art museum.

Red lol I hear you. I am 6'feet tall so I go in to the stores then order the tall in the Store so I get free shipping.

• Ok, LOL, I understand your hesitation with Craigslist. DH and I rented an apartment for two years that we found listed on Craigslist, but I think it works best when you already live in the area and can get a feel for whether you're comfortable with the setup. And no way in HELL I would live with someone I found on Craigslist--I've had too many friends end up in crappy roommate situations that way. Luckily I was in grad school before DH and I got married, and I just lived with classmates I already knew.
  • image manhattanbride212:
    I am a psychologist, I prefer the schools, I work with children with Autism/ Downs Syndrome...

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta operates the Marcus Center which is a center for autism research and treatment. I have a cousin who is in your field and I believe I heard from her they were hiring. You may want to check that out.

• My husband and I moved from California two years ago and have been really happy in Decatur.  It is close to downtown and there is a Marta station right downtown that makes it pretty easy to get around.  I agree with everyone else though... try to find the best neighborhood near where you work.  Hope this helps!