October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone bored? Want to...

help me find a dress for my brother's wedding?  He's getting married in 2 weeks, and I have yet to find a dress!  Its an outdoor ceremony, with a reception in an upscale renovated old barn - but no air conditioning.  5 p.m. ceremony, so I'm not sure what direction to go. 

Any suggestions? 

Re: Anyone bored? Want to...

• Any colors you want to avoid? Do you like your arms?  Are there any styles you hate?  Is there a price range?
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • image munkii:
    Any colors you want to avoid? Do you like your arms?  Are there any styles you hate?  Is there a price range?

Colors to avoid - probably white, because she's sort of old fashioned about the whole no white at a wedding deal.  Other than that, anything is fair game!

Arms -  aren't a problem - I think I have daffy duck arms, but everyone else just says they are "mildly scrawny" :) 

Styles - halters with wide straps going up around the neck tend to make me look a bit like a line backer

Price - would like to keep it below $125, but if it is super cute I'll splurge!

• Nordstroms Anniversary Sale is going on... here's a few that I found (use this link: http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/6020250/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6020250?origin=leftnav

Wrap dresses are flattering on everyone:

Suzi Chin Maggy Boutique Zip Trim Faux Wrap Jersey Dress

Donna Morgan Rosette & Pleat Trim Faux Wrap Jersey Dress

One shoulder styles are really "in" right now:

Maggy London One Shoulder Dress

MINKPINK 'Thanks a Bunch' One Shoulder Dress

Velvet Torch One Shoulder Party Dress (Juniors)

Bright florals are nice for a summer wedding:

Suzi Chin Maggy Boutique Print Stretch Cotton Sheath Dress

Eliza J Floral Paperbag Waist Dress

And I love how narrow my shoulders look in strapless so here's a few of those:

Donna Morgan Belted Chiffon Dress

Suzi Chin Maggy Boutique Rosette Trim Chiffon Dress

JS Boutique Strapless Chiffon Dress

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Wow...good finds!  Thanks!! I LOVE the color of the strapless purple one, and a couple of the florals are cute too!  Have you ordered from them online before?  Are they pretty "on time" with the shipping? 
  • Nicole posted a lot that I liked; so, I'll only add a few more.

Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Nicole can be my personal shopper any day.... Stick out tongue
  • Yay - you guys are the best! 

Now here is a question for you: not to be gross here, but would you stay away from short sleeves or any certain fabrics with the weather being hot and sticky?  I'm afraid of... um...dark spots from sweat,  if it gets super hot since the venue has no AC.  (sorry to be icky! just a thought!)

• image Cipolla2Be:
    Nicole can be my personal shopper any day.... Stick out tongue

Seriously! 

• If you're worried about that, stick with chiffon.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • image munkii:
    If you're worried about that, stick with chiffon.

Thanks!  I love the satin type stuff but was thinking it might be an issue...I'll go for the more chiffon-y stuff.

• image lisast:
    Have you ordered from them online before?  Are they pretty "on time" with the shipping? 

I have ordered from them online and purchased from their stores as well.  They have amazing customer service and a fabulous return policy.  Just to be extra safe, I would call them and explain your situation regarding when you need the dress that way they can ensure thet get it to you on time.

• image dvshaw:

image Cipolla2Be:
    Nicole can be my personal shopper any day.... Stick out tongue

Seriously! 

This is what happens when you are pregnant and can't buy regular clothes anymore... you sit and dream of the day that you might be able to shop at your favorite stores again.