June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Clicky Poll Inside

My friends were discussing this the other day and it just got me curious.[Poll]
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
<a href="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/chaleybeth06/?action=view

Re: Clicky Poll Inside

• I'm the Special Snowflake.

It was my freshman year of college. I'd been dating-ish - it was complicated, but casual. I knew he was seeing other people. He said they knew he was seeing other people. Turns out not everyone had all the details...thankfully, we stopped seeing each other before too many feelings (physical/emotional) got involved.

Photobucket
  • SBS, that is similar to my story. Freshman year of college I met this guy and we started dating/hanging out. I knew he had dated a girl for a long time before that, but was under the impression things were over. He had even went out with other people around the time we started going out. Maybe a month or so into it I found out he was still with the long-term GF. Needless to say, I ended things very quickly.

The extra awky part is that she moved into my dorm right down the hall from me at the start of second semester. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
    <a href="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/chaleybeth06/?action=view
  • Its happened a couple of times... when I lived in Michigan for a summer in college, I dated a guy who told me he had broken up with his ex... turned out he thought they were broken up, she thought she just went up north for the summer.  They ended up breaking up when she got home though and we ended up not dating through my senior year of college but then dated long distance after I moved to Kentucky for awhile but I was also sort of dating other people too which he knew.  It was a bit of a wierd situation.

Another guy that I dated for almost a year the first year I lived in Kentucky was broken up with his ex (they had broken up several times and gotten back together).  One day I stopped by his apartment (he lived in the next building in my complex) and got no answer even though his car was there.  The next day he calls me and tells me that his ex was there and they had been sleeping together for the last month.  I was so beyond pisssed when I found out and felt like a moron for not noticing especially when we worked at the same company and lived in the same apartment complex.  He was always a little shady.  As payback, I decided it would be a good idea to date the guy who lived in the apartment below him for the next month or so - brilliant move.  Then I bought a house and my life was much more drama-free after getting out of that complex.

• image hawkilady:

One day I stopped by his apartment (he lived in the next building in my complex) and got no answer even though his car was there.  The next day he calls me and tells me that his ex was there and they had been sleeping together for the last month....As payback, I decided it would be a good idea to date the guy who lived in the apartment below him for the next month or so - brilliant move. 

Was this apartment complex located on Melrose Place by any chance? Crazy drama! Did all the neighbors know each other? Was it a small complex?

Photobucket
  • image SBS0628:
    image hawkilady:

One day I stopped by his apartment (he lived in the next building in my complex) and got no answer even though his car was there.  The next day he calls me and tells me that his ex was there and they had been sleeping together for the last month....As payback, I decided it would be a good idea to date the guy who lived in the apartment below him for the next month or so - brilliant move. 

Was this apartment complex located on Melrose Place by any chance? Crazy drama! Did all the neighbors know each other? Was it a small complex?

Haha... it wasn't even that small - but there were several people from my company living there as well as a lot of recent college grads and I pretty sure the guys outnumbered the girls by about 2:1 so there was a lot of drama.  It also backed up to a Buffalo Wild Wings which added drunkeness to drama but was quite convenient since I lived there throughout football and basketball season.

• I picked SS.  My senior year of college I dated a guy who worked at the place where I was interning.  He was technically still married, but living separately from his STBXW (they had broken up, he had moved out and gotten the job where I worked, so this all happened before I ever met him).  They never got back together, so I wasn't the other woman in that sense, but he was not legally divorced, so I suppose in a technical sense I was.
  • I was invited to be the other woman once. This creepy stalkery guy I worked with wrote me a note basically saying he wanted to be f*** buddies, and that he knew we were both in relationships but it could be our secret. This guy was totally creepy, needless to say I declined. I had only been dating DH for a few months at that time.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megs1383/4443972791_4c93e2a3c2_m.jpg[/IMG]

Baby #1 EDD 11/13/13