October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I hate everything

Ok. So I'm still working on my grant, and I'm hoping to finish for the weekend. My mom called and said my grandfather fell and the ambulance had to come for him. They took him to the emergency room and they did some x-rays and found that he broke his hip. So he's going to have surgery tomorrow. Then they're going to move him someplace where they can take better care of him. Currently, he's living with my grandmother, but he has late stage parkinson's disease, so it's been really hard on her. I just feel so bad for her because they haven't been apart in as long as I've been alive. She's still very high functioning and in very good health. It will destroy her if he has to stay there for the long term.

I really want to go home and see everyone, even though I know there isn't anything that I can specifically do to make things better, it just makes ME feel better, you know? But I can't because of this grant. I really have to be on campus to work on it. And I've put so much effort into this, and this is the last time I can submit at this point in my career that I really need to give it my all... I just don't want to be here anymore. :( 

Re: I hate everything

• I would feel the same way.  I'm sorry for the difficulty and I will be praying for this today.  ~hugs~
  • I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa.  Thats tough.  Maybe they could both move someplace together once all is settled down?  My grandparents moved into assisted living that worked well for them because they could each get the specific care they needed but they lived together.  (Grandma needed physical help, Grandpa needed mental care)

I totally understand how you feel.  When my grandpa fell and hit his head, there wasn't anything we could really do but wait but it felt better to at least be there to support my mom and my Grandma too.  Is it a possibility to pour your efforts into the grant and go visit this weekend?  

Thoughts and prayers going out to you as your family muddles through what is, I'm sure, a pretty tough time.  

• Yeah, I'm going to attempt to get as much done as I can and go to NJ for the weekend. We'll see though. And I can't stay longer than the weekend because I need to make sure that my grant is going through all the channels on campus. Best case scenario, I can make it home this weekend. Worst case scenario, I'm stuck here for this weekend, but I try to go home next weekend.
  • I'm so sorry about your Grandpa...sending lots of T&Ps to your family in this tough time  Left Hug  HUGS  Right Hug
  • image wittyschaffy:

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa.  Thats tough.  Maybe they could both move someplace together once all is settled down?  My grandparents moved into assisted living that worked well for them because they could each get the specific care they needed but they lived together.  (Grandma needed physical help, Grandpa needed mental care)

I completely empathize with how you.  T's and P's being sent express. 

Is there any opportunity for what Witty was suggesting?  My grandparents did the same thing.  They needed different levels of care, so they had different rooms, but they were in the same complex and were with each other every day.

• I'm sorry chica, damn that grant!  Just do what you can as far as the grant.  In my book family comes first and if you need to go visit your family then your supervisor will just need to understand that.  If she wouldn't have sat on her butt for so long this would not be an issue....  I'm sorry.  T&Ps my dear!
  • This has been a crap week for a lot of us, huh?

Sorry about your g-pa--I hope everything works out and you get to see him soon.

Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Yeah. It's been a bad couple of months for the octo-grandparents. Sucks to get old, that's why I'm never going to do it! 
  • I'm kind of in the same situation. I'm racing against a deadline to get these wedding invites I'm working on done by Friday, and it's the last thing I want to do. I'd like to visit my grandpa in the hospital, but feel torn to stay home so I can meet my deadline.

Not to steal your thread, but we don't know any more on the status of my grandpa. Silly guy didn't ask the doctor any questions, so we know absolutely the same amount of info we did yesterday.  I will be sending thoughts and prayers up for your g-pa, as well as my own.  Hang in there girl!

• Hang in there dvshaw (for grandpa), jlk (for grandpa) and munkii (for dad)... you are all in my T&Ps.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm late on this but my T&P's are with all of you that are dealing w/ difficult issues.  Its hard but we're here for you all!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers