Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I'm going to 'school' today

Dad has Grandma's wine making receipe. She passed away 5 years ago. I remember helping her pick the grapes and hulling them. Some good memories there!

Today I go pick the grapes and he is going to walk me through the entire process. We will be video taping the day. If this turns out well I plan to surprise certain family members with a bottle of wine and a copy of the tape.

Re: I'm going to 'school' today

• This is wonderful!  I videotaped a cooking session with my Grandmother last year, making all her recipes, that I will always cherish. One suggestion: take some still photos as well as the video. You can cut them into the video for intros/cutovers and you can use them for the video cover art (or the wine label art). And a tripod is essential.

• That's a great idea
    Natural m/c @ 6 weeks - 3/1/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No tripod but a bucket upended on the counter worked just as well. No still pics since I was mostly hands on during this.

About one more week and we will see how it turns out. We made 1 jug each with different methods. One has crushed grapes in the mix, the other is strong juice rendered then strained.

I'm going out to pick more grapes, freeze the hulls so I have enough on hand to do after I find out which method was best.