Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So I actually like this poll (stolen from another board)

AND - it is not meant to make you choose, we will open it up so you can do different answers for different reasons. (only one at a time though. My poll, my rules.)

If you were trapped on a dessert island, which CO Nestie would you want with you, and why?

GO!

Potter the Wonder Doggie, and Todds_kid, Cooper :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Spirit of Power
Eat, Drink, and be Keri

Re: So I actually like this poll (stolen from another board)

• Cyndi
    ~Dana & Horace~*~Married July 10th, 2006~
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Photo courtesy of Ann Goldenberg Photography
  • No...Ann
  • No...Catherine
  • No...Kelley
  • No...my mom
  • ELCJet.  She would kick my butt.... I'd be running laps on the beach and swimming around the island, and by the time we were rescued I would be looking GOOD.  Big Smile

• Grrr this one is really hard
  • Annie
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • You, Keri! :) We could swap Potter & Miller stories. :) ETA: And because you're fun.
  • or Kari :) 
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • **I'm giving two answers:  one for a dessert island (as in what you eat after dinner) and one for a deserted island (where you might run into Tom Hanks and his buddy Wilson). :)

Dessert Island:  Jessica (goldenjes) - because I think we could pace ourselves with the endless amounts of sweets (I'm thinking Willy Wonka's factory) and hold each other's hair back when we puke... before going back for more.

Deserted Island:  Lisa (posey) - I find her to be smart & resourceful, and we believe/think polar opposites about many issues so conversation/debate would be easy to get into to escape boredom while we plot our escape to find rescue.

Waiting for some innocuous creativity... I'll let you know.
  • Hmm... tough one...  I'm going to need to sleep on that. 
  • If I were trapped on a dessert island, I might not want any nesties around.  Because that would mean sharing!  Devil
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/msdi7k.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Lady Disdain:

**I'm giving two answers:  one for a dessert island (as in what you eat after dinner) and one for a deserted island (where you might run into Tom Hanks and his buddy Wilson). :)

Dessert Island:  Jessica (goldenjes) - because I think we could pace ourselves with the endless amounts of sweets (I'm thinking Willy Wonka's factory) and hold each other's hair back when we puke... before going back for more.

Deserted Island:  Lisa (posey) - I find her to be smart & resourceful, and we believe/think polar opposites about many issues so conversation/debate would be easy to get into to escape boredom while we plot our escape to find rescue.

Sigh...  it is what I get for c/p from the other post...  not what I needed, but probably what I deserve.

Potter the Wonder Doggie, and Todds_kid, Cooper :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Spirit of Power
    Eat, Drink, and be Keri
  • image todds_wife:

Sigh...  it is what I get for c/p from the other post...  not what I needed, but probably what I deserve.

Aw, sorry woman. I was just trying to be witty, but I think I came off as aggravating. :(

• pumpkin pie :)

But no, really...

Trew or Pixy. With brains and determination we'd get ourselves off that island.

• image todds_wife:
    image Lady Disdain:

**I'm giving two answers:  one for a dessert island (as in what you eat after dinner) and one for a deserted island (where you might run into Tom Hanks and his buddy Wilson). :)

You know, it's funny - 2 s's darnit! 

But, if it makes you feel better, if the question had been: "Which nestie would you want with you on a liquid cheese island?" Obviously we would have said Keri.  And we wouldn't even mind sharing. :)

• What a hard one!  I think I have a few...

I'll start with Safy, because I think we get along really well and she would make me laugh and teach me new things.

• Where are the other polls/reasons/situations?  If I need to take over a small country or a hostile group of employers, I think Keri & I standing shoulder to shoulder would intimidate the pants off the opposition.  Put a Diet Coke in my hand, and we're talking carnage.
  • Oh, this hard....too many Nesties and too many reasons. Probably Katie - at least we wouldn't be bored. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • Exactly what Dana said. Stick out tongue
  • Hmmm ... 

safy because she would find a way to make the situation funny.

Pesky because she's so practical that she could probably come up with a way to get us home.

KILK because I think she's enough of a tough nut that she'd be great in a pinch, but we'd also have a good time. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Probably winecat because I'd think she'd be resourceful enough to find a way to bake us some cupcakes :o)

Also Keri, because I enjoy conversations with her 

• A&AHutch - 'cuz she's SMART, and funny, and we like the same sci-fi, and it'd be a good time. She just needs to move her ass to CO asap so we can be BFFs IRL!!

HidingTara or Winecat- Tara's my food soulmate, and well, by the time we're rescued, one of them would have taught me everything I ever wanted to know about creating incredibly yummy food...

Pesky, Safy, or Keri - Ya'll crack me up and laughter would just make the time fly by...

• I would take whomever could craft a raft out of a palm tree...but definitely no one like the Professor from Gilligan's Island.  The dude can salvage an UFO but useless in crafting something that would get them off the island.

So...who here is good in nautical arts & engineering?  Stick out tongue

• I would take CholeCO because she is a camper and we would be able to rough it until some hot dude came to rescue us :)

• Katydid - 'cuz she's SMART, and funny, and we like the same sci-fi, and it'd be a good time. I just needs to move my ass to CO asap so we can be BFFs IRL!! :-p

Pesky, Safy, or Keri - Because I think between the four of us we could either find a way off the damned island or make it so awesome we wouldn't want to leave.

Oh Crumbs
    Ponder-ing whether or not to become a Viking's fan
  • hrmm... I need to see a resume of all your survival skills before I choose.  :oD
    A big old middle finger to you, stupid Nest.
  • I really don't think I can answer this.

Maybe Mary, she knows how to take tons of fruits and veggies and make lots of great food. I need to eat! Wink

Robin
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

2014 Reading Goal: 85

• Too many to select just one. NZ&Cmom, pesky or safy because they would keep me laughing!