Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WootTF?

http://consumerist.com/2010/06/amazon-buys-woot.html

Not sure how I feel about that. I'm hoping that it benefits the consumer in that it'll provide more products, but I'm not a fan of big companies gobbling up smaller ones.

Re: WootTF?

• It's usually a really good thing for the smaller company, though, not a bad thing.  H is a software engineer, and he likes to work at start-ups because the goal is usually to build your product then sell it to someone for lots of money.  Part of his compensation is always stock shares, which are useless unless the company is bought out. 
  • I saw that to.

Makes me sad. :(

Woot was so fun and random. I hope they keep that up with Amazon  

• I hope that they keep the things that make woot cool. I thought it might be coming some day when they made sellout.woot.
  • Could be interesting, since Amazon is going to leave then autonomous. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow.  This and the Mamabargains-Luvs thing all in one week.