Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Family Care Plans

I was under the impression these were good things, but according to a FB friend they're another reason why the Army sucks. I realize I'm not a SM so I thought I'd double check with ya'll... they're bueno, right? Sets up a plan for the child(ren) should both parents deploy?

Re: Family Care Plans

• My knowledge of the Army, by far, is limited. However, I was under the impression that they were good things. I mean, it's always a good idea to have a plan in place for the care of children in their parents' absence, whether for deployment or otherwise.

Even my own civilian parents always wanted it to be clear who they wanted us to go to if something were to happen to both of them. Interestingly, they were okay with splitting us up. 

PhotobucketMilitary Newlyweds FAQ Button
  • Of course they're a good thing. They're also a necessity and a requirement. Dual military couples HAVE to have, in writing, someone to be responsible for their children if they are both deployed at the same time. If someone is complaining about needing one, they're an idiot. 
  • Not quite sure why being proactive over where you kids are to go BEFORE something were to happen is so wrong.

The problem is that the Fmaily Care Plan MUST take into account the legal Custody Order and other legal issues.  You can't just let your new hubby/wife have the kids if their other parent is still in the picture. 

[IMG]http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu52/Iluminespics/IMG_4759.jpg[/IMG]
  • Your FB friend is a jackwagon, and is complaining because the Army can KICK YOU OUT if you don't have/ refuse to establish your FCP.

**like that.. jackwagon... I am trying to stop swearing**