May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Packing - bittersweet

Well girls, I am here packing my life away.  I'm going out for chinese food with some friends in about a half hour, and then after that I'm going to come back and load up my car with all my luggage and belongings (fingers crossed that the rain stops!).

I am getting my car all packed tonight so that I can head to school tomorrow morning, hand out the report cards to all of my little ducklings and wish them a great summer and all the best in grade one, and then after about an hour, I'm hopping in the car and heading straight to my new life, actually getting to live with my new HH.  I'm so excited!! 

It is bittersweet because although I'm obviously very excited to be living in my own home with my most favourite person in the whole world, I'm also sad to be leaving this beautiful city that I've called home for the last 10 years.  I'm sad that I won't get to see all my students next fall, and that I'm leaving my friends here.  I'm going to miss being able to walk anywhere I want to go, all the gorgeous tree lined streets, the off leash dog parks, the amazing and enormous variety of fantastic restaurants, great shopping, the history of this place...I am getting very nostalgic. 

Upside - living with HIM!!  :)  So all in all, very very excited for this long year apart to be coming to a close in less than 24 hours!!!  Just thought I'd share my excitement with you :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Packing - bittersweet

• Where are you moving from/to?

But getting to live with HH is a huge thing to be super excited about!!!  At the same time, totally understandable about leaving the other things/people behind but you've got so much to look forward to ;)

Photobucket

The Benhams: Married May 1st, 2010! Anniversary
  • mbf124mbf124 member
    good luck with your move..i totally get how it is a bittersweet time for you.  Hope everything goes well! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Good luck! I moved across N America almost 2 years ago to be with my hunny. It's hard to say goodbye but you can always go back to visit. You'll make more new friends and you'll have your love at your side.
  • Good Luck on your move and I hope you have a safe trip! Yay for living with your HH!
    Me-28 Stage II Endometrosis, DH-29 Severe MFI TTC#1 since July 2010 DH-Varicocele Surgery 3/2011 Me-Laproscopic Surgery 8/2012 Stage II Endometrosis, removed cysts IVF # 1 October 2012 BCP-9/12-10/2 Follitism 300-10/4-10/14 Ganirelex 10/8-10/15 ER 10/17 (20 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized) ET 10/22 Beta 1 11/2 375 Beta 2 11/5 951 Beta 3/ U/S 11/12 BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Where are you moving to? (how far from your current home?)

However... VERY exciting that you're finally moving in with HH!  Good luck with the move!  Hope the weather cooperates and all goes smoothly!  I would hate to have to say goodbye to all of my friends and family here.  I haven't had to do that since 1st grade!

Best wishes and Love in your new home!!!

• I totally understand how you're feeling.  I had to move all the way from Ohio to California a year and some odd months ago.  It's definitely hard, but it's got to be exciting that you finally get to live with your husband.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm so excited to read that you're finally getting to go live with your DH! Hope your trip is safe and good luck!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have a safe trip!

Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • I don't know if others would agree, but living together is seriously so much fun! We have learned so much about each other since we moved in together....and it's just nice to have someone there when you walk in the door  :) Best of luck! 
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • image ashstwrt:
    I don't know if others would agree, but living together is seriously so much fun! We have learned so much about each other since we moved in together....and it's just nice to have someone there when you walk in the door  :) Best of luck! 

I agree! We've been scrapping a lot since the wedding, but it has a lot more to do with combining insurance and finances than with sharing living space. That part is almost completely fun. :)

• Good luck with the move!  I moved from Florida to New Jersey 2 1/2 years ago to be with my DH and attend grad school. It was very hard at first, especially because my twin sister, all of my family, and friends are in FL. I did a lot of crying and made a lot of trips to FL, but I'm much better now. 
  • On to your next new exciting adventure!!! Sad but sweet are a lot of moments in your life. This is one of them! Enjoy every second of each one! They are part of the fabric that makes the quilt of your life.

Hugs enjoy!!!  

• Thanks ladies!  The move went well, the weather was nice and sunny so the drive actually went by pretty fast.  I moved from NS to NB, and it's about a four hour drive (with a bit of a lead foot, haha).  Not counting stops for gas and food.  So not a HUGE distance, but big enough that HH and I weren't able to make it every weekend this past year, and enough that I won't be able to just go back and meet up with friends from my old city whenever I want to.  But hey!  I'm here and it's wonderful and I now have LOTS of unpacking to do :)  But I've got all of you to keep me company, right?
  • So glad the move went well!!!!  So how's living with the hubby???
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Haha amazing so far!  We went out for dinner last night, have friends coming over for a BBQ tonight, and we're invited out for Canada day tomorrow.  He is so excited to have me here, we're having a great time :)
  • Awww, yay!!!  That's great!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers