October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Any techy/computer saavy nesties out there?

So I got my B-pics back yesterday (this is the woot part) on a disc sent to me by my photography. Now for the non-woot part, the disc does not work! I've tried in in my computer, the Mr's, the PS3 and nothing. I wrote my photographer and she said she's had this issue with a few girls and it's because she burns in Vista and we run XP so I try my moms computer which runs Vista and still nothing. It just keeps saying insert disc into drive. So I write my photographer again (who is very nice BTW) and she says she'll put them on a memory stick and send them out to me again. In the mean time I am inclined to keep fiddling with it. Is there any point or am I beating a dead horse?

BTW I am going to x post this on gadgets and tech. Thanks :)

Photobucket

Re: Any techy/computer saavy nesties out there?

• I had trouble with my wedding pics - similar situation to yours. I couldn't get it to open with my CD drive on my machine but DH could on his.  I tried again on mine because obviously the disk worked, and it ran when I used my DVD drive instead of the CD.  Just a thought!  I'm not, by any far stretch of the imagination, tech savvy though so I don't have a ton of suggestions for you!
  • If they are on a DVD and you're putting them in a CD drive, that could be the problem.  If not, it may be a hardware problem with the disk.  Disks do get warped, so that they cannot be read.