Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Local Beef

I know some people here are interested in local, no-antibiotic, and pasture-grazing beef.

I just found this--I'm not involved with this and would look into it if we weren't already getting a cow from somewhere near Oxford to share with some family--

http://www.locavore365.org/ListingDetail.aspx?l=356

Re: Local Beef

• OOO! thank you.  I will definitely be looking into this.  Offhand, do you know of any free range chicken places around the tri-state?  I hear about options for beef much more often than chicken, but I don't eat red meat so we end up eating much more chicken instead.
    *** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
    ***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My friend Meg, cincygirl1980, gets chicken from Findlay Market and I believe it's free range and organic.  You might try paging her or check out Findlay Market.

• image LnA5909:
    OOO! thank you.  I will definitely be looking into this.  Offhand, do you know of any free range chicken places around the tri-state?  I hear about options for beef much more often than chicken, but I don't eat red meat so we end up eating much more chicken instead.
    Red sun farms in Loveland raises free range chickens and eggs. They also sell organic beef and pork from other local farms.
  • thank you!
    *** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
    ***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Update:  I went to the West Chester Farmer's Market (Saturdays from 9am to ???) and bough free range organic chicken from Dale Filbrun & family who run Morning Sun Farm.

I'm not 100% sure, but the guy who was selling to me have a very long traditional beard and suspenders.  I'm guessing Amish--but he was very very nice and the chicken and eggs were very good quality (I cooked with some of the eggs last night and they were great).

some information here:  http://www.eatlocalcorv.org/PDFs/Farms-%20Growers%202009.pdf

That was just what I found by googling them.