Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

would you feel guilty for not going?

2»

Re: would you feel guilty for not going?

• I grew up with just my parents and siblings. Our extended family (2 aunts and three cousins) were on the opposite side of the world and I never met them until I was in my late teens. 

I am one of four siblings and now have 8 nieces and nephews. My DH has a whole bundle of aunts, uncles and cousins.

I suddenly realise how fabulous it is to have this extended family. People who you have this connection with even if you don't "know" them. 

One day the oldies will be gone and your connection with your family will drift further.

I would grab this opportunity to get to know your family. So you have to ask how you're related to someone. Just be honest that you're unsure of the relationship and then get to know them. 

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/213pzit.jpg[/IMG]
    Elizabeth 3yrs old Jane 1yr old
  • I'd go this year and then every other year.  It's only 1 1/2 hours away and it's nice to be connected to family, even if you're not close.
    image Visit The Nest! Love to scrapbook!