June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Couch to 5K

Tomorrow DH and I are starting C25K.  I am looking forward to it and dreading it all at the same time.

Has anybody done it and been successful? 

Brooke & Codey 06.07.08

Our first little boy due May 14

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;46/st/20120514/k/b79a/preg.png[/img]
[/url]

Re: Couch to 5K

• I did it.  I took me longer than the 9 weeks or whatever it was.  I think I started in October and didn't finish until like February.  The holidays got in the way and I just did it at my own pace.  It was pretty easy to stick with.  I did it all on the treadmill and then attempted to run outside and I STRUGGLED.  I want to start it again, but do it outside this time.
  • I have done it twice and loved it both times!  The first time I did it right after I joined WW for the first time.  I definitely took my time with it and modified it to my own ability.  It worked and DH and I ended up running up to 8 miles at a time for awhile.  We were training for a half marathon, but then I had some issues with my knee and had to stop.  Then I got pregnant.  After I had Abby I started it up again and did well.  Then I just got lazy and stopped...  Hope you do well!  Remember take your time with it.  If you need to repeat a week go for it.
  • A friend and I tried it last summer. We are both non-runners and failed miserably. I've heard a lot of people enjoy it, maybe we're just lazy. :-P
  • I've done it, sort of. I am NOT a runner. I followed most of the weeks, but I was not able to run the whole 5k both times I've done one. I was happy with my times though, so I liked it as a training tool.