International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Moving update

We move in tomorrow! DH might even be able to take most of tomorrow of to be there, which will be a big help. Hopefully all of our stuff arrives intact. Have a few fragile items I'm really nervous about.

Our landlord is really nice. So far he has been helpful, bought us new items as needed (like a soft mattress), and even got a bunch of local menus for places that deliver. I'm thankful for a nice landlord and that we can communicate. Our Italy landlord was nice but the language barrier was difficult. Making such a difference that we can ask him directly how something works, where things are locally, best way to get things done, etc.

And thank you to those who have been sending vibes. Totally used them this weekend. Our express stuff arrived, and landlord let us move that stuff in early, but we could not find the hardware for the crib. Had the frame, the mattress, just no screws or bolts. The delivery guys went through every bit of packing paper twice. After they left I found them stashed with the diapers (go figure). Then it looked like we were missing some pieces. Thankfully, when DH and I looked at it the next day the missing pieces were actually still in the crib so we had everything. Phew!

imageimage

Re: Moving update

• Hooray! That is great that you can move in tomorrow, and that you have a nice landlord that you can communicate with! That is really important!

Hope all your stuff arrives safely and unbroken. Our shipments were pretty well intact...hope its the same for you! 

Lots of continued vibes for you - can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Yay! I've been wondering when you were going to be able to move in. I'm glad you found the missing crib pieces. I know when DH and I move, if it looks like we're missing pieces to something, we usually are. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place!
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2exm3rc.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/8/8fvpqds1i.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Nice!

Chronically hilarious - you'll split your stitches!
    I wrote a book! Bucket list CHECK!
  • Great news all around.  Hope it continues to be a positive experience.
  • Happy to hear your move is going well and that is so nice about your landlord! We got lucky with ours as well and it has made such a difference, esp when needing things fixed, etc.

Hope you're not melting out here! :)

Travel Blog

Little Miss Lulu playing on the beach
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad everything has gone well so far, I hope it continues! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker