Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

We have learned the hard way

That Danie can't handle her rum.

I went out last night with some friends and had a couple of dark 'n stormies. Woke up in the middle of the night to vomit. This was only the second time I've had rum but I had the same result last time, too. I guess from now on I should keep my dark 'n stormy virgin.

Re: We have learned the hard way

• how many dark and stormies? you may want to stick with one or two if you don't drink alot.
  • Rum makes me feel sick, too ... but I think it's because I usually drink flavored rums that are loaded down with sugar.
  • Oh, rum. I once slept on the kitchen floor because of rum.

It is very sugary, and in general the darker the liquor, the greater the impurities = the greater the hangover. 

• I know some women who are allergic to rum.  I have no idea what the reaction is or how it differs from other alcohols.  I vote for avoiding rum, just in case.
  • DamikDamik member
    Ancient Membership 2500 Comments
    I only had one and a half. The first one was strong and the second I had them go heavy on the ginger ale. I'm just going to avoid rum all together. There goes my dream of being a pirate.