June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Help [laundry-related]

At work last night, a resident managed to get Vaseline on my scrub pants.  I am staring at greasy little spots all over the front of them.  Any ideas how to get this out in the laundry?  I use All Small & Mighty and Borax.  The only grease fighter I have in my house is Dawn dish soap...
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Help [laundry-related]

• Hmm not sure. Have you tried the Dawn on it yet? I use Dawn (the blue kind) to strip Charlies diapers. It could work..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I found this while googling around:

To remove grass stains from washable clothing, make a paste of powdered enzyme laundry detergent, apply to the stain, and let sit in a warm place for at least 30 minutes. Remove the paste, and with an eye dropper, apply a solution of one part white vinegar or ammonia to two parts water. Blot until all traces of stain have been removed. Rinse in cool water, and launder per care label instructions. For non washable items, apply a pre-treatment such as Shout to the stain. Allow to stand for at least 15 minutes. With an eyedropper, apply a solution of one part white vinegar or household ammonia to two parts cool water. Blot until stain is removed. Rinse with warm water and allow to dry. If stain persists, seek the help of a dry cleaning professional, and be sure to identify the stain to them for treatment.

HTH! :)

• Whatever you do, do NOT put them into the dryer until you are sure you got the stain out. Heat will set in the stain and then you won't be able to wash it out. I use shout and a tide spin brush, it normally works great.
  • image MrsBreaux2008:

I found this while googling around:

To remove grass stains from washable clothing, make a paste of powdered enzyme laundry detergent, apply to the stain, and let sit in a warm place for at least 30 minutes. Remove the paste, and with an eye dropper, apply a solution of one part white vinegar or ammonia to two parts water. Blot until all traces of stain have been removed. Rinse in cool water, and launder per care label instructions. For non washable items, apply a pre-treatment such as Shout to the stain. Allow to stand for at least 15 minutes. With an eyedropper, apply a solution of one part white vinegar or household ammonia to two parts cool water. Blot until stain is removed. Rinse with warm water and allow to dry. If stain persists, seek the help of a dry cleaning professional, and be sure to identify the stain to them for treatment.

HTH! :)

Grease, not grass, though I appreciate your help Cool

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Doh!  I was kind of tired when I posted that...my bad. :)