Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

An answer...

To my health problems.  My pains.  My aches.  My chronic shittastic runny schits.  My headaches.  The bizarre rash on my bum cheeks and elbows I'd never mentioned, because I thought it was just my dry skin.  My canker sores inside my mouth, that had just started and I thought douchelord probably had given me something.  My fatigue. Being bloated.  My PAINZ.

I have celiac disease.  LIVING GLUTEN FREE BABY.

My doctor said that after a few weeks of eating this new "diet" (well, lifestyle) I will feel like new.  No need for any other doctors because this is my problem.

All these months and finally a doctor tests me.  I had gone to him for a routine physical only.  Go figure.  I had given up on all my "symptoms".  I thought it was just me getting older.  He said I was born with it, however, my surgeries or all the stress could have triggered it.

Bonus?  STD free.  Awesome!!

Re: An answer...

• that sucks that you need to live gluten free now, but I'm glad the found the source of your troubles.

std free is awesome!

• Glad you got some answers - and that it wasn't an STD! lol...
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, that's amazing. Celiac can be really nasty but a relatively simple fix - yay!
  • imoanimoan member
    10000 Comments Eighth Anniversary
    I have a friend who is allergic to gluten.  She found out a few years ago so she's got a pretty good handle on it.  Let me know if you need some advice or recipes or anything!
    Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • Yay for an answer! I have a girlfriend that has celiac's. Being in a metropolitan area will help tremendously. Good Luck!!
  • Wow, I'm happy for you that you:

(1) have an answer; and

(2) do NOT have an STD!

GL with learning about your condition and hopefully feeling way better very soon!

• My friend was actually just recently diagnosed with this.  It only took 40lbs and about a year's worth of pain to diagnose.  On a side note, my sister lived gluten free for about a year when breastfeeding her son, and she was able to find many yummy fake out recipes for all her favorites (chocolate chip cookies even!).
    [IMG]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/agoodse/peppermin2.jpg[/IMG]

Pepper, the not so wonder pup
  • aha, my ex-boss wife has celiac. there are a LOT of gluten free baking products available. I know that Safeway has a big organics section with lots of gluten free stuff, like anything by Red Mill. Im glad you have a solution to your problem!

and that you dont have crabs. =D

• Congratulations! lol

Welcome to the club that no one wants to be in. 

It's horrifying how long it takes to get diagnosed, isn't it? I read that the average time from onset of symptoms to diagnosis is 11 years in this country. 

You really will feel better soon, much better. I started feeling better within a few days, and then it just kept improving until I felt pretty much 100% after a couple of months (I had a really severe skin reaction that took about 6 weeks to clear up). 

The best part? You'll no longer have to chose which pants to wear out based on whether or not you'll be eating.

• I'll ditto Rock's congratulations and welcome!  :)

My daughter and I were both diagnosed about 3 years ago.  Life changing but in a really good way. 

GF is hard at first but gets easy soon. 

• FYI:Not everything from Bob's Red Mill is gluten free. However, they do have a HUGE selection of gluten free baking mixes and flours.