Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My dyson vac SUCKS...

...and not in a good way.  My Dyson Ball (DC24) is just over a year old and the on/off switch just stopped working.  The only way to use it is to hold the switch down.  This wouldn't be the end of the world if the switch was in an easy place to hold down while vacuuming.  BUT, it isn't.  I'm so mad.  

Is it worth trying to get this repaired, or should I just get something new?

Re: My dyson vac SUCKS...

• get it repaired. 
  • or get tape to hold down the switch.
  • Should be an easy repair. Call a vacuum repair shop and price it out and then you'll know if you want to spend that on the vacuum. If you dislike the vacuum for other reasons then you'll probably not want to spend any on it and then it would be smart to replace it.

• Shouldn't your Dyson still be covered under the manufacturer's warranty since it's only about a year old?  I'd contact Dyson and find an authorized repair shop and have them look into it.
    [IMG]http://i25.tinypic.com/hteipt.jpg[/IMG]
  • image SavedByZero:
    Shouldn't your Dyson still be covered under the manufacturer's warranty since it's only about a year old?  I'd contact Dyson and find an authorized repair shop and have them look into it.

This.  I was told that my Dyson Blueprint Ball was covered for 5 years.

• Get it repaired. You invested too much money in a vacuum to just replace it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • thanks for the thoughts.  I'm going to get this repaired.  I'm super annoyed that I paid $400 for a vac that is already broken.  BUT it does, in fact, have a 5 year warranty.  That was a nice surprise (so thanks for pointing that out).  There isn't an authorized repairer in my area, so I have to drop if off at UPS.  They will pack it up and ship on Dyson's dime.  Dyson says it will be back in 7 - 10.  We shall see.   thanks bunches
  • FYI, there's no such thing as a certified Dyson repairman and sending your vacuum to a repair shop will void the warranty. Call the customer service number and they will tell you how to proceed with having it fixed. They sent us a new cyclone, brush bar and belt earlier this year to fix ours at no cost to us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i have a dyson and i'm not a fan at all.  total waste imo.
  • I'm super late to this post, but this happened to me last year.  I googled the problem and found a solution.  I think I gently hit the on switch with a rubber mallet, but I'd have to look to make sure.  It's been working fine since with no further problems.  Good luck!
  • They have a 5 year warranty - get it fixed.  Those vacuums are $300+, I'd say it's worth it to get it fixed.
  • We love our Dyson, but it really is super expensive.