October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Kitten Hunting

So we went to the shelter today, but unfortunately came home empty-handed.  Shelter policy means that we have to have our current kitty checked out by a vet before they'll let us take a new one home.  So Little Kitty has an appointment on Tuesday to get checked out.  She's due anyway and, hey, what's three more days? 

We did get to play with the kittens this time, though.  SO MUCH CUTE!!  They also let us pick one and out reserve it so we'll have a new kitty on Tuesday!  There were about 8 kittens in the room, but this little guy was the winner:

I picked him up and he immediately started purring.  He's also super outgoing and playful, which is exactly what we were looking for.  Can't wait for Tuesday now!

I don't think Snicklefritz or Richter work for him.  Now we're thinking Moriarty, the Sherlock Holmes villain.  Thoughts?  Other suggestions?

Knitting Blog
Updated 3-12

Re: Kitten Hunting

• I've found that no matter what I name my animals, I end up giving them some exceptionally silly nickname anyway  Wink   At this time we have the following:

Misty:  Moo

Raven:  Raisinette

Kess:  Poops

Kyra:  Kyrabelle

Angel:  Bubba

We had a golden retreiver named Jack Daniels...we called him Whiskey!

My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Awwwww such a cutie!!!!  I love that she is all black (from what I can see) and that she is long haired.  I have a black cat (she lives with my mom because DH is allergic), in my opinion they are the friendliest ones. :)  I like the names Gigi and Mavis...random.
  • Okay just read that it's a boy....I like Mavis and Gilles....and the name you picked out.  :)
  • Awww... he is so cute! Congrats on the new addition!
  • Awww, what a little sweetie! When we get a house we are getting more cats and in sticking with our "F" theme the black cat will be Fury. I like Moriarty though, he can be Mo for short!

Photobucket
  • image Cipolla2Be:
    Okay just read that it's a boy....I like Mavis and Gilles....and the name you picked out.  :)

Gilles was my grandfather's name, so two thumbs up to that! I've got nothing else to add...my creativity is shot today. 

• Sorry we didn't get a better picture of him.  All we had was DH's cell phone, but he is not quite all black.  He's got a patch of white on his tummy.  I'm sure we'll overload on the pictures later.

@Cipolla - I ran Gilles by DH and he's shot down every other French name I've come up with, so that didn't make it, either.  Sorry.  The only ones he seems to like either sound English or German.

@Witchy - Moriarty is a bit of a mouthful, I admit.  We were thinking "Arty" for a nickname, but "Mo" would definitely work, too.

Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • image Muffin'sMom:

I've found that no matter what I name my animals, I end up giving them some exceptionally silly nickname anyway  Wink   At this time we have the following:

Misty:  Moo

Raven:  Raisinette

Kess:  Poops

Kyra:  Kyrabelle

Angel:  Bubba

We had a golden retreiver named Jack Daniels...we called him Whiskey!

Omg, I love that you called the dog Whiskey.  That's great!

Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • Cute! ?I think Moriarty is a great name! ?Two great nick name options too! ?So exciting!?

?

Our dog, Hank has a super simple name (obviously :P) but oddly enough, I tend to call him Hankerton... like he's some regal socialite or something... What? ?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So cute - love the name too!  I think the nicknames that would come with it are awesome too, Mo, Arty, Mr. Professor...

I'm a nerd with nicknames for the pets too -

Cisco was Monster

Geroge = Stinky, Mr. Stinkerton, Stinky Winky (and he actually isn't!)

Lola = Lolabean, Camel

• image lisast:

So cute - love the name too!  I think the nicknames that would come with it are awesome too, Mo, Arty, Mr. Professor...

I'm a nerd with nicknames for the pets too -

Cisco was Monster

Geroge = Stinky, Mr. Stinkerton, Stinky Winky (and he actually isn't!)

Lola = Lolabean, Camel

Ooh, Professor is a good nickname, too!

We're also guilty of giving our animals silly nicknames.

Branwen = Little Kitty (she is pretty small)

Jericho = Bad Kitty (guess why)

Dusty =  Fatty, His Royal Fatness (Again, self-explanatory)

Duke = Dukus, Dukasaur

Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • We're all guilty I'm sure.

Faffy = Faffer D, Little Biddle, Beps, Orange

Fang = Fang Tanger, Big Fat Cat, Not Orange

Photobucket