October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Getting ready for the crazies

The countdown has officially begun at our house for the weekend.  Unfortunately for me and work there are not enough days between today and Friday.  The kids are done today, we have graduation tomorrow, and then my crazy summer work schedule starts.  No extended breaks for those of us who work in the school office!

Crazytown is coming soon at our house because of the Indy 500 on Sunday.  I'm noticing more traffic by our house and we're going to have to block off our street parking if we want any hope of having space when everyone hits Speedway for Carb Day on Friday and through the weekend.  I'm excited, though, because this will be my first race so close to the track and we're having a party at our house on Saturday.  Then the plan is to head over to 16th Street and walk around with the crazies.  There's always at least a few arrests and random people lose clothes.  I'm thining this is Indy's answer to Mardi Gras!  I'm just excited to have Monday off work to relax after the weekend fun.

Any big plans for the upcoming holiday weekend?

Re: Getting ready for the crazies

• Going to my cabin for the long weekend and I can't wait.  I have a long anticipated date with a book and the hammock.  :)
  • We're thinking about escaping this weekend--only to something within driving distance, though, so there's no chance of delayed/canceled/missed flights.  The problem is, we don't where to go!
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • This weekend I just want to clean the house up and do a whole lot of nothing! I don't have Monday off, so we're not going anywhere. I just hope that we have at least one day of nice weather so I can sit by the pool... lately the only nice weather days have been during the week.
  • I've got my first golf lesson on Saturday, so that'll be...interesting.  I'll let you know how it goes if I can still move.

We're also going kitty hunting and I'm so excited.  This weekend can't come fast enough.  Name front runners now are Richter and Snicklefritz.

Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • Please, please, please take pictures of the crazies!!!

I'm heading down to Madisonville, KY to watch my DH's nephew graduate high school (on a Tuesday.  Who does that?).  I have mixed feelings about it.  BIL kind of scares me.  But I'll survive!

• image Reinedumonde:

We're also going kitty hunting and I'm so excited.  This weekend can't come fast enough.  Name front runners now are Richter and Snicklefritz.

Snicklefritz?!   hehe, I was kinda hoping you'd pick Dread Pirate Roberts!   Crying  teehee - happy kitty searching.  They're so dang cute when they're little and I'm not even a cat lover!

• image Reinedumonde:

I LOVE Snicklefritz. That is such a great cat name!

We need to start boxing stuff up and cleaning things out of the man cave to make way for baby. We start our child birth classes on Sunday, and my friend and I are going to see Babies on Monday. I'm hoping to hit up some garage sales in there, too.

• Sounds like fun! I am so excited for the long weekend!

DH and I are headed down to the beach, with a couple friends. It's definitely going to be Crazytown there, too. I hope the weather is like today though, (sunny and a high of 94 Surprise) I am ready for some sun during the day and tropical drinks at night!! Then we're going back to our house for relaxing and a BBQ Monday.

• image Reinedumonde:

I love Snicklefritz, so cute! Good luck and have fun!

• Scott have fun at the race!  You will def. see some "interesting" people.  I went to Talladega a few years back for the first time.  It was hilarious! 
  • If the Indy 500 draws a crowd similar to the lawn mower races I witnessed last weekend, well then all of Indianna is in for a treat!  I'd imagine it would be a people watchers dream...

Oh holiday weekend, I would really love to enjoy you...but I gotta share you with my in-laws and my family.  My weekend will include a 13 hour drive to and from STL, my BIL's band, a birthday party, a retirement party, and somewhere in there we'll need to be down at the lake house to relax. 

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/1zwn53q.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/t6umh2.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'm working most of the weekend, but Memorial Day I'll spend on my postage-stamp sized porch, drinking beer and grilling on the Keg-B-Que. We're playing it real cool, saving $ in the hopes that this short sale comes through! We may get real wild and crazy and get Red Vines, which I have recently developed a wierd addiction to.

• image Reinedumonde:
    front runners now are Richter and Snicklefritz.

One of my childhood friends had a bunny named Snicklefritz.  Smile

This is a normal weekend for me... Sunday and Monday off.  But since I just realized most of my friends also have Monday off I'm thinking maybe a BBQ Sunday night or Monday for lunch might be fun.  We'll see.

• sounds like everyone has fun plans for this weekend:)!
    I will be cleaning carpets:( its been two years since we last did it and with two little ones running around they are very dirty... this may be a two day processes.
    anyone know of a good cleaner? I've never found anything that works.