Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

earthquake this morning in carnation

we didn't even feel it! even the dogs! so weird.

did anyone feel it? the news said it could be felt in woodinville too.

image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne

Re: earthquake this morning in carnation

• I missed it, but then, I sleep in a waterbed, and when I'm out of bed, rumbling could just mean the dogs are running about!
  • DH said he felt it. I was in the shower.
  • I felt it!  It woke me up from a dead sleep.  Our whole house made this cracking noise and something fell off a shelf.  This was in Bothell.  I will admit that I wasn't sure whether it was an earthquake or just wind or something else, so it wasn't much of an earthquake here!  DH looked it up online and confirmed it when he got up.
  • It woke me up in Woodinville. My T-Mob said 5:22 when I checked. USGS said 5:21. I don't think it was much here. The lamps on our bedside table rattled. H slept through it. My daughter slept throug it. Ah, the joys of being a light sleeper. If there is an emergency, I will have to be in charge.

I filled out the "Did you feel it?" on the USGS site. I hope it helps them understand the faults, quakes and consequences... so that they can take care of us in the future. If you have 2 minutes, fill it out.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/events/uw/05251221/us/form.en.enabled.html

edit: our pictures are still straight... nothing seemed to move... no cracks... just the lamps rattling on the bedside tables

Newlyweds since 2007
  • We slept through it, which is funny since I woke up 10 times last night.  If it woke me up, I didn't even realize it.  The cats weren't even freaking out, and they usually do. 

My family in Duvall all felt it though!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't feel it, but I was still asleep. My husband was awake though. I haven't talked to him yet today so I'm don't know if he felt it.
  • I didn't feel it, and I'm in Sammamish on the plateau. I guess being higher up makes us a little less vulnerable to the lowland quakes? Just a thought. LOL Watch, the next one will make sure I feel it, haha.

greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary